autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: 2 days left on KILLER DEAL --> FLEX 3401 HD - Heavy Duty Extra Long Cord at Autogeek

Besides being a powerful, German built tool that will enable you to power through a detail job fast there's also a HUGE selection of buffing pads for the FLEX 3401.

Check them out here...

MEGA pad selection for the FLEX 3401 - From Wool pads to Foam pad and even ABRALON SANDING DISCS

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2 days left on KILLER DEAL --> FLEX 3401 HD - Heavy Duty Extra Long Cord at Autogeek

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Here's the skinny...

"Yes" you can use thin pads like the thin pads you bought for your Porter Cable 7424XP but in all honesty - thin pads work BEST on free spinning tools like the Porter Cable while thicker pads work better on gear driven tools like the FLEX 3401 and rotary buffers.

In my how-to book I specifically recommend the Lake Country Hybrid pads for the FLEX 3401. I didn't recommend them because I wanted to see our company sell a ton of them.... I recommended them because I know from hands-on, real world experience that these pads maximize the ability and efficiency of both the tool and just as important --> YOU.

Because there's simply less mass to a thin foam pad the FLEX 3401 will simple wear them out if you try to do any type of prolonged detailing work, i.e. lots of correction and polishing to lots of cars. If you're just going to do your own car or cars then "sure" you can do it but you will wear out your thin foam pads that work best on your Porter Cable and then you'll have to buy more pads anyways.

A better plan would be to get in on this deal before end of day Friday (tomorrow) and then as your budget allows get some 6.5" Hybrid pads to get you going. Then get some 5" Hybrid pads to utilize the 4" backing plate.

Step by step build up your detailing arsenal to pro standards. You do one or two details for others and you can easily pay for all the pads and then some.

Also.. since this is your first post to the AGO forum....

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Thanks for all your advice. Very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    Thank you for signing my copy of Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine it is very appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2 days left on KILLER DEAL --> FLEX 3401 HD - Heavy Duty Extra Long Cord at Autogeek-book-jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12