Hello all.

We recently bought a 2010 SunnyBrook Harmony 269 THX toy hauler. I had it detailed today and I am told by the detail guy (specializes in RV and campers) that the reason a large chunk of my camper is dull is due to the gel coat has burned off from being stored outside by the previous owner. The claim is there is not much I can do.

My question is, is this truly the case? I am told by others it is highly unlikely the gel coat is actually gone and that it is more likely oxidized or simply in need of a polish. I will say there was some white chaulky substance on the concrete after its bath that he claimed was the paint coming off since no gel coat but I feel like that was more due to the roof and it running off.

Anyway, I ended up paying for a detail that was to include being buffed and polished and that part did not happen as the claim was it could be buffed but it would return to dull in a month, They applied a liquid coating of some sort and that is the end.

I currently have the newer Meguires DA and have no issue diving into this with your guidance. I know rotarys are used on these a lot but I dont know if I can get myself to by one right now just for the camper.

Thanks for any help on how to tell what I am dealing with and next steps.