autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Extreme Weather sealant / protectant snow trailer suggestions

Update: Today is the day of application, I'm glad to have asked for help. My detailer and I have been trying to line all the ducks in a row... since he's had to clear his workload, anticipate the weather and move around some of his clutter ... so that we can store the rig after the application in a dry bay over night. I sure hope this is worth it !!!! He's interested in it also so he can possibly over this to his client's.

There have been a few times during this process that I thought that maybe I should have selected something easier... however I'm in it for the long run.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck. Post pics when it's done.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to get a few better pics. The sun is leaving us fast at days end, by the time I had left work , went to pick it up and drove home I only snapped a couple. It sure does reflect the backround pretty good.

I wasn't very happy with my detailing budd ( ? ) he sealed a couple panels that had some swirl marks due to the polishing . We decided on a ultra fine polish to hit it with ( 3M ) stuff I had in my arsenal. Additionally , after all the washing, WG coating prep, light polish to remove some stains & paint issues then WG paint prep a 2nd time.... he had only used 10cc+ a little of the ceramic coating. We only did the panels ( Black ), the bare aluminum has another product on it that I'm good with and we couldn't find a definitive way to remove it.

Since we were trying to put our heads together and have never used the product before we were cautious. Obviously made some mistakes... such as not having an adequate sized facility w/ good lighting. The lighting was better on one side than the other and he obviously didn't pull the trailer out into the sun for a paint surface DBL check before sealing. There were concerns with drying it after the wash thoroughly , keeping the dust down, ect... So it was a challenge. On the bright side... I have enough sealant left to do my wife's car + .

The gloss looks good, regardless of what can be viewed in the pics.

Extreme Weather sealant / protectant snow trailer suggestions-img_0184-2-jpgExtreme Weather sealant / protectant snow trailer suggestions-img_0185-2-jpg

I

Post Thanks / Like

Good work. Your ready for work get now.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks nice. Might want to hit the side vent with some plastic restorer though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123