autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes or Griots Boss?

[QUOTE=Zubair;1304186]A very lame attempt at humour doesn't take away from facts presented. Try again, maybe your next attempt might have an ounce of intellect that may make me chuckle. Or....

Me made me laugh my butt off, that's good enough for me.

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mint555 View Post
    This is funny. Who cares where something is made unless you live in the country in which it was made? Apple products are made in China but designed in the US. Americans have jobs at Apple all over the country, yet would you boycott them because their stuff is made in China? Good luck finding electronics that are sourced and made in the US. Griots is an American company that employs Americans. Rupes is an Italian company that employs mostly Italians. I'm sure it is a fine company, and I know they make a fine product, but I don't really care all that much about the Italian economy (in comparison to how much I care about the US economy). The G21/15 and the Rupes machines are wonderful. You can't really go wrong either way. That said, I went with the G21 because I read it was more ergonomic and has a lifetime warranty. That was more important to me than being brand loyal to an Italian company.
    Exactly.

I just bought an LG refrigerator two weeks ago which is a South Korean company yet the unit was made in China. LOL.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Just seeing this thread. I just went with the G21. I personally like the subtle changes to the front grip and the warranty is a big plus. Definitely not bashing Rupes but I am happy with my purchase. I am sure Rupes and also Flex have something lined up for SEMA!!!
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinss View Post
    Just seeing this thread. I just went with the G21. I personally like the subtle changes to the front grip and the warranty is a big plus. Definitely not bashing Rupes but I am happy with my purchase. I am sure Rupes and also Flex have something lined up for SEMA!!!
    You won't regret it its an amazing machine and system congrats and have fun waiting for the delivery man.

I live in Chicago and the griots HQ is in Indiana next state over I ordered it and said 1 week delivery I got it on 2 days it was better then Christmas lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NextLevelDtail View Post
    You won't regret it its an amazing machine and system congrats and have fun waiting for the delivery man.

I live in Chicago and the griots HQ is in Indiana next state over I ordered it and said 1 week delivery I got it on 2 days it was better then Christmas lol
    Already picked it up from Autogeek headquarters. I live 20min away and Nick gave me a great price. Will fit in good with my 3401, Flex PE8, GG 3in and Makita rotary. Used my g21 last week on this gt500

First BOSS G21 detail 07 GT500
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinss View Post
    Already picked it up from Autogeek headquarters. I live 20min away and Nick gave me a great price. Will fit in good with my 3401, Flex PE8, GG 3in and Makita rotary. Used my g21 last week on this gt500

First BOSS G21 detail 07 GT500
    Oh nice. How cool that your only 20 mins.

I lived in Orlando for 3 years.

You should of drove to Italy to get a Rupes instead, since its a more superior machine.

Italian plastic italian metal Italian foam

Post Thanks / Like

Since no one mentioned it. One of the best reasons to buy Rupes is their simplicity. Their polishes match up with their pads (e.g. blue pad with polish with a blue top) For a novice or weekend warrior Rupes makes it simple to use their system. For me that is worth a ton. Use their pads and polishes and get a professional shine without the professional. This alone makes it better than Griots. And don't forget with the Rupes system your polishing experience will be virtually vibration free, and that is important to novices and professionals alike. It is just a plus that it is made in Italy. You can vote with your dollars on which political system you support, the Chinese that blatantly support hacking, child labor, and Communism or someone else. Let your conscience decide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Since no one mentioned it. One of the best reasons to buy Rupes is their simplicity. Their polishes match up with their pads (e.g. blue pad with polish with a blue top) For a novice or weekend warrior Rupes makes it simple to use their system. For me that is worth a ton. Use their pads and polishes and get a professional shine without the professional. This alone makes it better than Griots. And don't forget with the Rupes system your polishing experience will be virtually vibration free, and that is important to novices and professionals alike. It is just a plus that it is made in Italy. You can vote with your dollars on which political system you support, the Chinese that blatantly support hacking, child labor, and Communism or someone else. Let your conscience decide.
    Just goes to show you that all you Rupes superior fan boys know nothing about the Boss or used it.

Griots has the exact same color match system. Lol

And is just as smooth if not smoother then the Rupes do to all the rubber on the machine and comfort.

I used a Rupes and Boss. And the Boss is more comfortable to use then the Rupes and Flex.

On hours and hours of a paint correction all there is is hard cold plastic to hold on to the Rupes.

The Boss had shock rubber grips on everywhere you would hold the machine making it more comfortable then anything.

You see the colors on the bottles that's the pad recommendation.

Also all the Griots stuff is cheaper.

And the pads cut better then the Rupes pads IMO

So just goes to show you that all you Rupes guys know nothing about the Boss but knock it.

I sold my Rupes for the Boss. When something gets beat it gets beat plain and simple.

Bigger motor more power. More comfort . better locking mechanism. Cheaper pads and creams. Better speed dial. Lifetime warranty. Its cheaper. I mean it beats it in almost everything.

To you and Zubair try the machine before you knock it.

Its named the Boss for a reason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rupes or Griots Boss?-1444697830019-jpg   Rupes or Griots Boss?-1444697836708-jpg   Rupes or Griots Boss?-1444697842912-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Griots has literally the same thing. Use their color coded pads and polishes.

Congratulations on not owning or using a single thing made in China.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Griots has literally the same thing. Use their color coded pads and polishes.

Congratulations on not owning or using a single thing made in China.
    Exactly, well said.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast