autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes or Griots Boss?

Ok. So, the way I see this Griot's / Rupes discussion is a bit different than a few others. First, I've never used the Griot's machine. Second, I'm sure it's an excellent machine - not a piece of garbage.

But, what sticks in my craw is people comparing the large through DA polishers to cell phones and automobiles. Sure. Someone invented the cell phone and automobile - and other manufacturers came out with newer different models.

The thing is, those were new markets destined for like zillion dollar sales. The detailing DA market in comparison is minuscule. It will never be a zillion dollar market. That's why there are many power tool manufacturers - but less than a handful that are involved with tools for detailing automobiles.

It seems to me, a tool company like Rupes could recoup a lot more in investment simply making drills. It's pretty obvious to most that compare the G polishers to the Rupes BF - a lot of Rupes intellectual property was used by G.

These tools are costly to design and bring to market. Especially tools like large throw DA polishers - that have a finite consumer base.... So, if you would like to see manufacturers continue to bring new cool tools to market, support the manufacturers who innovate products. Support the manufacturers who have the balls to think outside the box. Support the innovators.

Without Rupes - there would be no G21. Period.

Who knows what Rupes is working on next? Maybe they are wondering if it's even worth it to invest R & D into the tiny detailing market?

It's like the dudes that come on this forum, learn all about paint correction, and ask MP a bunch of questions... Then, they go to Harbor Freight to buy a DA and Pep Boys to buy polish. Then, they come on here and ask more questions if they don't get the results they want. They even have a thread on the HF polisher.

I'm not saying the HF polisher isn't any good - I'm just saying why wouldn't you support AGO? You think hosting this forum is free?

If you don't care - then just buy whatever is cheapest.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes or Griots Boss?

I am curious, are those of you who are slamming the Boss, are you doing that because you feel the need to justify the EXPENSIVE putchase you made with the RUPES? The GG6 came out after the PC7424XP and the GG6 is a far better machine, much more power and much better warranty.

I am looking for genuine pros and cons of the machines, not just...well I spent a lot more on my Rupes and it came out first so its WAAAAY better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    Rupes: For the Purist,Perfectionist,Artist
    Griots: For the Hillbilly
    Get off your high horse. That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen written on this forum.

Looks like these vehicles were done by "hillbillies" according to you:

"M"azing Family Sedan - BMW M6 Gran Coupe - Paint Correction - 22ple - Attention to Detailing Peoria

Alfa Romeo 4C,Paint Correction and CQuartz Finest Coating

Pretty sure those are both two of the most helpful and well respected detailers around here, and you'd be lucky to ever get to that level.

Continue generalizing entire groups of people for their choices - I'm sure it will get you very far in this profession and in life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Ok. So, the way I see this Griot's / Rupes discussion is a bit different than a few others. First, I've never used the Griot's machine. Second, I'm sure it's an excellent machine - not a piece of garbage.

But, what sticks in my craw is people comparing the large through DA polishers to cell phones and automobiles. Sure. Someone invented the cell phone and automobile - and other manufacturers came out with newer different models.

The thing is, those were new markets destined for like zillion dollar sales. The detailing DA market in comparison is minuscule. It will never be a zillion dollar market. That's why there are many power tool manufacturers - but less than a handful that are involved with tools for detailing automobiles.

It seems to me, a tool company like Rupes could recoup a lot more in investment simply making drills. It's pretty obvious to most that compare the G polishers to the Rupes BF - a lot of Rupes intellectual property was used by G.

These tools are costly to design and bring to market. Especially tools like large throw DA polishers - that have a finite consumer base.... So, if you would like to see manufacturers continue to bring new cool tools to market, support the manufacturers who innovate products. Support the manufacturers who have the balls to think outside the box. Support the innovators.

Who knows what Rupes is working on next? Maybe they are wondering if it's even worth it to invest R & D into the tiny detailing market?

It's like the dudes that come on this forum, learn all about paint correction, and ask MP a bunch of questions... Then, they go to Harbor Freight to buy a DA and Pep Boys to buy polish. Then, they come on here and ask more questions if they don't get the results they want. They even have a thread on the HF polisher.

I'm not saying the HF polisher isn't any good - I'm just saying why wouldn't you support AGO? You think hosting this forum is free?

Interesting points concerning intellectual property, and that idea that there would (likely) not be a Boss system if not for Rupes.

I never thought that besides politics, religion, and art that I would ever see drums, cymbals, polishers, waxes, polishes, etc argued over so much. Wow!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 99monguse View Post
    I am curious, are those of you who are slamming the Boss, are you doing that because you feel the need to justify the EXPENSIVE putchase you made with the RUPES? The GG6 came out after the PC7424XP and the GG6 is a far better machine, much more power and much better warranty.

I am looking for genuine pros and cons of the machines, not just...well I spent a lot more on my Rupes and it came out first so its WAAAAY better.
    If you classify the Rupes as "EXPENSIVE", what is the "BOSS" by comparison then?

Seems like your minds made up, enjoy your EXPENSIVE CHINESE purchase.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

Understandable view, however

If other polishing company's do not try to raise the bar, Rupes never will.

Like you said how do you know Rupes isn't working on something as we speak because of the Boss?

If nobody ever tops it, or push them they will never get better.

Its just like basketball you will never improve if you play against bad players.

Miachel Jordan became what he was by playing against better compettition , he didn't even make his varsity basketball team.

And you saying comparing cell phones and automobiles, is inaccurate with sales you might be right but its not about sales its the analogy and comparison.

Not only too cars, cell phones, but everything in life was original designed copied re designed and kept improving ? Seriously everything.

From power tools, clothes, televisions, radios, everything.

Rupes makes plenty of money they are still a big dog, they are not going to get over shadowed, just because a reputable company made a better long throw.

Intact it will 100% in my mind probably make a better one now because they were pushed.

If nobody ever topped them then we would have no innovation, and Rupes would have no motivation to release revolutionary technology.

So the market upping the antee , is good for detailing.

So did you feel the same when Rupes copied the porter cable ??

Porter cable panned out the idea so why did you support the original innovater and buy a Rupes,

But that's what Rupes did they said hey the PC is cool let's improve it and make t better.

Because essentially that's what they did. But thank god they revolutionised it, probably no porter cable no Rupes.

So if we was all porter cable would we be mad that Rupes did this ?

Its all good for our industry , everybody and everything is going to enhance what is already made its like that with everything.

Records are meant to be broken and our imagination is meant to be pushed.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet the facts evade most and go way over your heads... Sigh...

Griots did not "make" the Boss. They did not design or manufacture it. It's a Zentool/Vertool/DAS 6 copied and manufactured by the Chinese from Rupes. Griots put a label on an already Chinese manufactured Rupes copied/knock off item.

Rupes and Flex manufactures and designs their own products. Griots purchases Chinese knock offs and puts their own branding on it.

What about this don't you people understand or fail to see? Griots manufactures and designs nothing. Jeez...

Post Thanks / Like

Yet the facts evade most and go way over your heads... Sigh...

Griots did not "make" the Boss. They did not design or manufacture it. It's a Zentool/Vertool/DAS 6 copied and manufactured by the Chinese from Rupes. Griots put a label on an already Chinese manufactured Rupes copied/knock off item.

Rupes and Flex manufactures and designs their own products. Griots purchases Chinese knock offs and puts their own branding on it.

What about this don't you people understand or fail to see? Griots manufactures and designs nothing. Jeez...
    Your wrong they was designed from ground up, and developed by griots and then China manufactured them.

If they just slapped there name on it show me the identical and I'll say I'm wrong.

Go ahead. Don't show me ANSI copy or the other 21 copy.

Show me the Boss replica that they just slapped there name on it.

It says on the griots website that they designed it in house I'm the USA I forgot what state. And that China does the mass production

The tool was designed ground up, on YouTube they even say they didnt just slap there name on any machine.

So go ahead and show me the machine that is the exact replica of the Boss.

You won't find it cause they designed it ground up.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand this premise (Fact!); and, yet:
    I still bought a Griot's Garage branded polisher (Fact!)...

Then:
    Would these Facts!...in your viewpoint...
    mean that I'm a Hillbilly?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    I understand this premise (Fact!); and, yet:
    I still bought a Griot's Garage branded polisher (Fact!)...

Then:
    Would these Facts!...in your viewpoint...
    mean that I'm a Hillbilly?

Bob
    The boss isn't a Chinese manufactured tool offered.

China just produces them, Griots designed this machine ground up.

The other das like meguiars are china made and meguiars just put there logo on it.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast