autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes LHR 12E Duetto or LHR 15ES for Weekend Warrior

I am in the market for a new polisher and I am having a hard time deciding between the Duetto and the LHR 15ES. I am a weekend warrior and will mainly use it for my own car and some friends and family that ask for a detail. Because of this I am thinking that the LHR 15ES might be to much machine and the extra cost might not be worth it.

So I'm looking for some advice from some people who have used one or both polishers. Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LHR 12E Duetto or LHR 15ES for Weekend Warrior

if you don't own a traditional style DA then consider the GG6. it has lots of torque/power and with a few different backing plates and pads, can tackle most all areas of the vehicle. otherwise, the flex would be a better option because of the different backing plates (4"-6") and pads (4"-6.5") and the forced rotation which is nice (consistently rotating) if you get annoyed when the machine stops on curved panels. the rupes machines have a fixed backing plate and you cannot change them out to accommodate smaller 4" pads...

Post Thanks / Like

Don't bother with the Duetto.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    if you don't own a traditional style DA then consider the GG6. it has lots of torque/power and with a few different backing plates and pads, can tackle most all areas of the vehicle. otherwise, the flex would be a better option because of the different backing plates (4"-6") and pads (4"-6.5") and the forced rotation which is nice (consistently rotating) if you get annoyed when the machine stops on curved panels. the rupes machines have a fixed backing plate and you cannot change them out to accommodate smaller 4" pads...
    I currently have a PC which I plan on using with a 4" pad for those harder to reach places.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chriswrx85 View Post
    I currently have a PC which I plan on using with a 4" pad for those harder to reach places.
    if you have someone local on here that has either the duetto and/or 15es and would let you play with them then that would be a safe bet so you know what you're getting and if you really want it as well (for many the stalling is a big issue). maybe someone on here will chime in and help you out. good luck...

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, I'm in the same boat. Tried the Flex for three months, it just wasn't for me. It ran hot and the forced rotation ( in the opposite direction ) just didn't feel right. The only reason I was looking to upgrade from the PC was vibration. So I sold the Flex and got the Duetto, could not be happier. The PC has now been fitted with 3" pads, but as I have some extra funds I'm now thinking I would like to also purchase the 75e and just fit the PC with a carpet brush. For me it was the correct choice, and as a weekend warrior I did 5 cars over the past year with it and have zero regrets.

Oh, I also tried the cyclo for a month very smooth machine doesn't correct any better than the PC but found it to be a cumbersome design.

Mike Phillips

Between the two choices I would opt for the Bigfoot 15 as an overall more versatile tool. Using the right technique however you can make any of the Rupes tools dance on pinhead.

As for the Duetto...

This was done with the Duetto....

Lady in Red - 1986 Porsche - 4-Step Process

The entire thread is a good read with lots of questions and answers. Also check out post #37 and then finally answer the question in post #61

This car was in horrible shape to start with but left with dripping wet paint. The owner still has it today and says it still looks just as good.

The above thread also includes all the before pictures, process pictures and after pictures. All done with the Duetto.

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes 15 is a sweet balance between power and versatility. It more powerful than the Duetto and has a trigger.

It's also cheaper and smoother than the 21 and already comes with a 5" backing plate.
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both and enjoy using both of them, but find myself reaching for the Duetto more often than not and getting just as good as results, I just like the balance and size of it better. I also have the 3" Rupes.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I have both and enjoy using both of them, but find myself reaching for the Duetto more often than not and getting just as good as results, I just like the balance and size of it better. I also have the 3" Rupes.
    The Duetto is really comfortable. I'm anxious to get more time with it in a few weeks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast