autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LHR 75E Mini DA Questions

If you have the money to buy, then buy it. It is great for motorcycles and the size is nice. It works very well with LC Hybrid 3" low pro pads too. But for applying wax and sealant, that GG 3" was the ticket. I personally feel that the more tools one can have, the better.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been on the same boat you're now. I have 3 Flex 3401 and a Rupes 21. Sold my old Meg's G220v2 DA because I was preferring (ALWAYS) the Flex with 4" pads of any sort instead of the Meg's DA with same smaller pads...

However, I'm huge fan of Meg's Microfiber that I use frequently on Rupes with 5" discs, that said, I would 'kill for' a Rupes mini just to run the 3" meg's discs and hit the whole car when cutting with large MF discs.

By the way I've ordered Lake Country MF pads for rotary in 4" (they are thicker), I'll let you know how they perform on Flex (since we notice thin Microfiber (although workable) are not the way to go with 3401).

Maybe this may 'cover this gap' with 4" thick MF on Flex.

That said, and after agonizing long time with this question (should I get a Rupes Mini!), I always end leaning towards getting the Flex Rotary PE-14.

Why do I say this? Whenever we are looking for a smaller polisher, we are trying to 'figure out' better ways to polish intricate parts, smaller parts, etc.

Those parts needs not only smaller pads, but also offer the best precision.

In my opinion, the PE-14 paired with extensors and smaller pads will give you this precision, and you can pair it with 'every size backing plate you wish'. Whenever you face hard paint for full correction, PE-14 may put you on top, paired with 3401 for a perfect finish.

I'm saving money for mine, and really wish to get it personally at PBMG. Moving my sticks!

Please, just my 0.02$ to add some pepper to you doubt...

Even if you decide for the Rupes Mini it'll not be a bad decision (it's pretty fly). It's a lot quieter and vibrates a lot less than other DAs. Operator Comfort for long jobs is priceless, remember that.

Best Wishes.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

For what its worth, I'm a Rupes Mini fan.

Post Thanks / Like

Tato, after researching and talking to a few AGO people, it looks like I am leaning to the Flex mini or possibly the lightweight PE-14. One person on this thread asked why would I get the same thing 2 times....in other words, my PC7424 XP is set up to handle the 3" Pads and I have extensions on them to go under the door mirrors which most of the time a DA can't reach. He is correct getting 2 of the same does not make sense.

Additionally, getting Rupe Pads and limited in 1 backing plate is not the way to go now.

Now I am re-looking at the Flex Mini or now even the PE-14. Do not get me wrong, the Rupes is a great DA company. Someone said I should try a rotary as we are already experienced enough to know when we are damaging paint or making it right.

I will ask the AGO tech support and see what I will get...either way it will be a Flex just which one I do not know.

CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

I really like my Rupes 75 mini. I also have a GG3, but that sucker now permanently has an upholstery brush on it to clean leather.

Let me also say right up front, I am not a professional and don't spend the amount of time with either pieces of equipment than some (most) of you do. I just maintain my own cars and recently I got rid of my biggest time suck F-350 crew cab, that was not a detail job, but a detail career.

Do you know somebody that you can try a "mini" be it a Rupes or another brand?

Post Thanks / Like

Well I could not resist and bought my Rupes 75E,

I know I spent good money unnecessary for the moment, the dollar in Brazil is very high, and still have 60% tax on the total purchase price + 6.75% credit card.

Only I will use in my cars, I think it was worth it.

I love my Rupes 15

Post Thanks / Like

The only pad I've used on the 75E that will keep spinning no matter what is the Meg's 3" MF finishing disc.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12