autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Any info on the Gloss It 21 polisher?

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post

If only I had known, I would have bought the knock-off.

Rupes makes a very high quality machine, Ive been through their plant in Italy and have not only seen first hand how they are built but documented it here.

Top Secret Pictures – How Rupes Bigfoot Polishers are made!

Here's a few pictures from the full thread I created from my tour through the assembly plant. I posted this when I returned to the United States and had time to process the pictures to create the thread.

Assembled tool bodies with lubrication grease being added to the drive assembly housing.

Counterweight assemblies with bearings installed...

Now follow me.....

Here's a thread I created while I was still traveling, thus I didn't have the time to really create a normal "Mike Phillips" thread.

Teaser shots taking inside the Rupes Manufacturing Plant in Milan, Italy

That said, this thread has some VERY INTERESTING PICTURES in post #9

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

To me.... this is one of the more interesting things I saw while touring the manufacturing plant.

Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is taking place in the below two pictures?

Sorry this picture is a tick out of focus as I was shooting through a Plexiglas window but I think you can get the idea as to which model tool this is inside this chamber.

I won't go into specifics, like how many minutes knock-offs last per the request from Rupes but I will say knock-offs don't last long.

Quality doesn't cost money... it makes money....

I got that quote when being trained at Hewlett-Packard using the Japanese method of JIT or Just in Time manufacturing processes. It's a good quote because it's true and accurate and hold up over time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I watched a "Gloss It" detailing video once. I don't think I'll ever be buying anything with the GI name on it after that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by solman View Post
    It does look like a Rupes knockoff. Patent issues? I wonder if it runs as smoothly as the Rupes 21? A major plus for the Rupes machines is their smooth feel with little to no vibration. Usually you get what you pay for.
    You pay less you get less.
    "Buy the best you can afford is what a wise man taught me years ago."

Since when have the Chinese cared about patents, copyright laws or anything.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

"Since when have the Chinese cared about patents, copyright laws or anything."

Post Thanks / Like

I am Leery of this company, I emailed them multiple times with questions on their products with no reply. The knock off Rupes looks questionable, they reviewed a glass coating they make called gquartz!? I'd rather know what I'm getting and stick with autogeek😎
    I'm a Professional, Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MshawnBauer View Post
    I am Leery of this company, I emailed them multiple times with questions on their products with no reply. The knock off Rupes looks questionable, they reviewed a glass coating they make called gquartz!? I'd rather know what I'm getting and stick with autogeek😎
    GQuartz?

'nuff said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    GQuartz?

'nuff said.
    Yeah, I was searching for info on them and saw their instagram page, "G-Quartz" Like I said, No reply, lots of flashy marketing type stuff, no real reviews. Seems sketchy. Like I said, I'll stick with Autogeek! At least I know I'm getting quality stuff!
    I'm a Professional, Hobby Detailer

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Megs machine and Griots machine are made in china... Also, isn't flex's machine now made in china? I would say that to be truthfully vs 399.99? 275 is at least in a reasonable price range for those who don't do it day in and day out. Max-shine makes a 21mm and 15mm bigfoot polisher knockoff. However maxshine also produces the Griots polisher which has day in and day out satisfied many professionals and kept its quality. People need to realize that they NEED to have decent markup.

Say a polisher costs 100 from china and you are required to buy a moq of 100.... this means your paying 10,000 for just the polisher's FOB (FOB is cost before shipping) you than are paying customs taxs and shipping freight which is not cheap! Say its even 110 final price shipped. By this time if you have authorized dealers/distributors of your products you need to give them a price for your product's and allow them to actually make some money on there end too! If they can't make money on your product you are never going to sell the product to distributors...

yatta yatta yatta. You get the point.

Not having any experience with the gloss it polisher as it seems like it just has been released I am sure its a decent buy if your looking for a 21mm throw polisher. Griots in my eye's is still one of the best polishers for the money....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MshawnBauer View Post
    I am Leery of this company, I emailed them multiple times with questions on their products with no reply. The knock off Rupes looks questionable, they reviewed a glass coating they make called gquartz!? I'd rather know what I'm getting and stick with autogeek��
    i wouldn't buy anything from GI. they have some ethical issues and their products are over-priced as well. no thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen pics of the Rupes vs. one of the Chinese knock offs where they took them both apart and compared the internals....lets just say my money will continue to go to Rupes.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast