Well, I decided it was time to get rid of that piece of garbage Rupes calls a cord. I LOVE the polisher, HATE the cord, haha.

Went to my "local" Princess Auto and picked up a 14/3 25' trailer hitch cord. Flexible down to -40, so I think we'll be good in the garage/shop detailing a car at room temperature, haha.

First, the end we are taking apart, obviously, Phillips screws. 2 long ones in the front 2 short ones in the rear.

Remove the piece that holds the wires in place:

Crimp connections you need to press open to get the wire out:

Now since I am a precisionist and I do not want to crimp things, I did this the right way. Butt the two ends together and wrap a piece of wire around the ends that are now together. I used a piece of wire from an lead that wasn't used that I snipped off:

Soldered together:

Now because I didn't have dual wall heat shrink available I used 3 layers of single wall heat shrink for added protection:

Unused end heat shrunk with a 1/4" hanging over, fold in then re-shrunk to make it clean. Even though you'll never see it:

Tuck it all back together. You may need to, and I did but I forgot a pic, take the top cover off and maneuver the wires around the switch to get everything to squeeze together:

Close it up and enjoy a now 25 foot tangle proof polisher:

Hope this helps some people.

Total cost: $28
Time spent: 30 minutes