autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: rupes 12e vs 15es

That came out really nice! I just picked up a 15 and the mini 2 weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to test them out yet. I can't wait for the weather to get better around here so I can get rolling again and test out the new equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    That came out really nice! I just picked up a 15 and the mini 2 weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to test them out yet. I can't wait for the weather to get better around here so I can get rolling again and test out the new equipment.
    Thanks!

It took two tries since I wasn't patient with the polishing step in my first go at it, I don't think the compound fully broke down and it left some small and vague holograms/buffer-trails in a few places. The second time around I added more lighting, watch an Adam's video which shows what their polish looks like when its broken down, instead of slowing down my Rupes to 4 for polishing, I did it at 6 this time around and the combination of everything worked!

Now that I think I have a workable technique, I need to get some time for the fenders and front bumper, I'm going to try the mini on these. Then on to the rest of the car, front to back, with the roof being last.

Post Thanks / Like

rupes 12e vs 15es

Rupes 21 is the bomb diggity!!!! Paired with a Meg's MF finishing disc and M205, it can cut like CRAZY(with the washer mod)!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have much to compare it against, but I'm loving the Rupes for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I am dying to try mine out, but I am not going to do my car with the weather like it has been here. I am not gonna spend all the time getting my car to look great, only to have it look like crap 1/2 day after I use it. Looking at the weather for the 10 day it is looking like I might need to push back starting back up for the year

Post Thanks / Like

Almost ordered the 12e, but after reading a few posts pulled the trigger on the 15. I can't wait to try it out

Post Thanks / Like

The 15 is a great unit, i finally got around to using mine last week since I just started back up for the year.

Post Thanks / Like

For some odd reason, I prefer the 15es body vs. the PC type of body style.
    I find the 15es, i can get a better grip on to. While the PC type, not so much.

However, there are certain areas that the 15es is not as beneficial compare to the PC style. Because the 15es is larger, so at tight spaces it could be a challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

I got to handle both polishes at DetailFest at the Rupes booth on a hood atop a stand.

Having come from a PC, GG6, and 3401, my initial impressions are as follows:

1. the LHR15ES is smoother than the 12E. Noticeably less vibrations. Also easier to keep steady than the 12E.

2. the 15ES sounded quieter. Or maybe it just sounded smoother. Hard to determine with everyone around you under the vendor tent.

3. The 12E Duetto felt more powerful. It was harder to bog down when applying downward pressure than the 15. Alot of people like this characteristic, basically a PC on steroids. If you're comfortable with a PC/GG6 then you're most likely going to like the Duetto alot.

4. The Duetto sounded noisier, was less smooth than the 15 but way smoother imo than the GG6 or PC, vibration wise. It tended to walk a little bit when trying to hold it one-handed, whereas the 15 did not and was rock solid.

I am torn between the two, I keep going back and forth. I intend to pair whatever I get with a 75 Mini for the hard to reach areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Jae: You need both! LOL
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast