Greetings everyone,

I purchased LHR15 Mark 2 few months back as I found a decent deal for it on eBay with the mark 3 is little pricey for someone who isn't using it daily. So the unit is used by a reputable detailing forum who is selling it after it had been refurbished by Rupes USA just few months before I bought it

"It came with a certificate for refurbishment".

Now I know the unit was properly used and abused but the way I got it was looking almost brand new great job on the refurbishment on the part of Rupes USA it was also greased properly. Here is my issues with it after a marathon detail of 5 days of 14 hour work per day using this machine on my personal car.

The unit was just struggling to rotate properly I mean I was using almost no pressure on side panels and still it kept on bugging down and the marker I put on the backing plate was just not spinning. it would spin but then as soon as the angle changes or I reach any edges raised or lowered it would just not spin.

The unit looks and feels fine and new so I don't think it's the unit but the design. You might suggest there is extra drag from the Rupes pads I was using, I was using a Pad Washer after every panel so the pads were nice and moist.

I cannot think of doing a detail without a pad washer anyway. So that's my experience with LHR15 Mark 2. I ordered a washer mod by Kevin Brown hoping it might help for the future yet to see it in action.

As for the Rupes Ibrid Nano I am in love

I definitely don't know how to polish without it anymore it is so versatile and effective I was blown away and couldn't wait to reach a panel to begin using it further, I even had an area with dried paint that pulled down the clear coat above so I sanded with the included disks which worked flawlessly compared if it was done by hand. I know I will be using it more for spot repairs in the future which it is so handy for!

beware though the small pads clog up super fast and without a pad washer on stand-by it would have been a nightmare.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the LHR15 Mark2 and my experience with it.