autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LHR15 Mark2 & Ibrid Nano - Issues Concerns and Observations

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionista View Post
    That sounds great! I also got mine today I ordered 2 just in case and installed one,
    It sound like it made an improvement but, is it an improvement that replaces the need
    for a forced rotation DA like the Rupes Mille?

Meaning is it going to correct faster than before and also replaces the need for a forced rotation DA?
    I think you're still going to run into stall areas on the GT350 even with the washer mod.

For me, I was a rotary user from early on, so I supplement the long-throw polishers with the rotary if I come across an area on the paint where a long-throw isn't as effective (highly concave surfaces). I don't have any experience with the Mille, and only a small amount of experience on the Flex 3401. I find the long-throws are smoother polishers in general than the 3401, a bit easier to maneuver on the paint as well. I'd much rather do the bulk of the work with a long-throw DA rather than the gear-driven. See if you can get your hands on a Mille to test drive before jumping on a purchase, some guys love it that style of polisher, some don't. The counter-clockwise rotation of the 3401 was a nuisance that I wasn't willing to spend extra on after using the rotary which spins clockwise for so long. The Mille rotates clockwise, but with the LH19E and the LHR15, I don't have any desire to switch to a forced rotation DA.

2. Thanks Perfectionista thanked for this post
    Likes Perfectionista liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LHR15 Mark2 & Ibrid Nano - Issues Concerns and Observations

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    I think you're still going to run into stall areas on the GT350 even with the washer mod.

For me, I was a rotary user from early on, so I supplement the long-throw polishers with the rotary if I come across an area on the paint where a long-throw isn't as effective (highly concave surfaces). I don't have any experience with the Mille, and only a small amount of experience on the Flex 3401. I find the long-throws are smoother polishers in general than the 3401, a bit easier to maneuver on the paint as well. I'd much rather do the bulk of the work with a long-throw DA rather than the gear-driven. See if you can get your hands on a Mille to test drive before jumping on a purchase, some guys love it that style of polisher, some don't. The counter-clockwise rotation of the 3401 was a nuisance that I wasn't willing to spend extra on after using the rotary which spins clockwise for so long. The Mille rotates clockwise, but with the LH19E and the LHR15, I don't have any desire to switch to a forced rotation DA.
    Thanks that was exactly what I was looking for, for an answer.
    I too had the 3401 and a rotary, and I understand the need for forced rotation to plow through a car, for someone on a schedule.
    LHR15 minimum cutting abilities is also safer as not to remove clearcoat more than needed.
    But from my experience I just hoped it would have a little extra bite to it.

Personally I am not a huge fan of the long-throws DA polishers especially the 21mm,
    It is the reason why I bought the LHR15 with 15mm throw as this is the max I like it to be.

I am not sure if the Mille is for a person like me at this time. After an extensive polishing session the rest of my work will be
    a light polish to remove the ceramic and spot repairs with the Ibrid Nano, which I used the rotary mode on it in allot of
    spots that needed extra cut, It is scary and not recommended using the 1" inch pad on rotary mode but
    I was on the lowest sitting in tight areas and used tape to protect in tight spaces.
    Having cleaned washed pads using the pad washer kept the small pads moist and gentle.

For me at least when I buy a new car that needs that kind of power or doing family/friend car for fun,
    I will probably look into the Mille to ease my work as those cars will not see allot of polishing in the future.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234