autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: rupes mark II 21" vs 15"

21+5bp and GG 6" is great combo.

Zubair, i havent used GG Boss pads (not available in Europe) but i can say that Rupes yellow and white are very durable, only green and blue sucks when it comea to durability. Their mf pads are quite durable also. Have you compared Boss mf pads against other mf pads?

Btw that was my 15 mk2 on tht video and its not faulty. I guess i just need to use more speed on it and it does perform better with other pads than that white.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel1979 View Post

Btw that was my 15 mk2 on tht video and its not faulty. I guess i just need to use more speed on it and it does perform better with other pads than that white.
    Yes, some pads will definitely spin better than other pads, but that video is disturbing if it's not faulty. Makes me feel even better returning the MK II 15. Same pad spun MUCH better with even more pressure on the MK II 21.

Here's another video with pad stall on the MK II 15. Ironically, they're both Rupes pads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MCrvVJCbAI

Again, other pads will probably spin great with the Mark II 15, I just don't like seeing these types of videos.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Yes, some pads will definitely spin better than other pads, but that video is disturbing if it's not faulty. Makes me feel even better returning the MK II 15. Same pad spun MUCH better with even more pressure on the MK II 21.

Here's another video with pad stall on the MK II 15. Ironically, they're both Rupes pads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MCrvVJCbAI

Again, other pads will probably spin great with the Mark II 15, I just don't like seeing these types of videos.
    That is odd. I have not had this issue at all with mine. But I am not putting any pressure on it like he is doing. I ran mine at speed 3 and 4 with the white pads with no issues. The only time I have had the machine stall on me is when I hit a raised curved edge like the aftermarket hood on my grand prix or an uneven surface like the hood of my camaro. I have yet to use speed 5 or 6 on my 15 MKII. The pads I had issues with was the Meguiar's yellow thin pad. Those would not spin at any speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    That is odd. I have not had this issue at all with mine. But I am not putting any pressure on it like he is doing. I ran mine at speed 3 and 4 with the white pads with no issues. The only time I have had the machine stall on me is when I hit a raised curved edge like the aftermarket hood on my grand prix or an uneven surface like the hood of my camaro. I have yet to use speed 5 or 6 on my 15 MKII. The pads I had issues with was the Meguiar's yellow thin pad. Those would not spin at any speed.
    Interesting.
    '03 Corvette Z06

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel1979 View Post
    21+5bp and GG 6" is great combo.

Zubair, i havent used GG Boss pads (not available in Europe) but i can say that Rupes yellow and white are very durable, only green and blue sucks when it comea to durability. Their mf pads are quite durable also. Have you compared Boss mf pads against other mf pads?

Yep the green and blue are the biggest culprits and to some extent the mf and uhs grey pads too. The white and yellow pads are pretty decent no doubt about that. I have that Boss pack of two mf pads along with every other brand mf pads and the ones that stick out for me are the Meguiars DMF and CarPro MF, those deliver the best performance and durability but I have a different style of using mf, I don't prime them and they work better that way for me.

On a side note as mentioned previously, my weakest DA doesn't stall as easily as yours did in the video but I gotta be honest I haven't used the white pad on my 15 MKII yet, only on my 15ES and 21 MKII with Rupes Diamond and both machines had no issues. I had a video taken on my iPhone 7 Plus with my 21 MKII with the standard 6" bp with the 7" green pad on speed 1 with a very steep curve on the botton of a door and it had lots of rotation but can't find it now, think its deleted. Point is either I have good technique or the machine is hard to stall but I recall a conversation with Dylan and myself and he mentioned the 230V models or country voltage can also play a factor in machine output and thus ability to stall/rotate.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried the new LC MF cutting pads? I like them.
    '03 Corvette Z06

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried the new LC MF cutting pads? I like them.
    The old or new ones? I have tried neither as the old had bad reviews and I was planning on getting the new ones with the hole which fall under the new HDO pads along with an order of Force grey pads but guess what, AG stocks neither so up until then I haven't ordered anything more from AG as I don't seem to need anything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    The old or new ones? I have tried neither as the old had bad reviews and I was planning on getting the new ones with the hole which fall under the new HDO pads along with an order of Force grey pads but guess what, AG stocks neither so up until then I haven't ordered anything more from AG as I don't seem to need anything else.
    The old ones were very finicky. Only worked with certain polishes. I didn't like them. The new ones like these http://www.autogeek.net/414inulmipad.html are awesome! The HDO are the same with the exception of a hole in them and perfect fit velcro backing.
    '03 Corvette Z06

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

The old ones were very finicky. Only worked with certain polishes. I didn't like them. The new ones like these 5 1/4 Inch Microfiber Cutting Pad (2-Pack) are awesome! The HDO are the same with the exception of a hole in them and perfect fit velcro backing.
    They look like CarPro MF's. I'd prefer the HDO ones with the hole, but as mentioned can't just order these only, need to make up an order of things I really need to justify an order and Force grey is at the top of the list which ofcourse isn't a priority for AG to stock anytime soon or at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    They look like CarPro MF's. I'd prefer the HDO ones with the hole, but as mentioned can't just order these only, need to make up an order of things I really need to justify an order and Force grey is at the top of the list which ofcourse isn't a priority for AG to stock anytime soon or at all.
    The CarPro MF nap is much longer. I have them and like them too.

I cannot stand the Force Grey Pad. WAYYY too stiff. Really makes the 3401 very uncomfortable to use. I don't see how they would work well at all on any long throw DA. The thin grey would probably work well on an 8mm, but that's about it.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast