autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: rupes mark II 21" vs 15"

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    The 15 is easier to use on tighter areas,the 21 is considerably more powerful. Thats the most simple, direct, truthful answer from someone who owns both.
    When you say more powerful, do you mean more pad spinning torque?
    '03 Corvette Z06

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    When you say more powerful, do you mean more pad spinning torque?
    Yep, definitely more torque turning the pad and keeping rotation. You will find most rotation complaints on any brand long throw being on the 15. The 21 especially the MKII has the best rotation and outright grunt. The 15 MKII will still be more powerful than any long throw on the market but not the 21 MKII.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, definitely more torque turning the pad and keeping rotation. You will find most rotation complaints on any brand long throw being on the 15. The 21 especially the MKII has the best rotarion and outright grunt. The 15 MKII will still be more power than any long throw on the market but not the 21 MKII.
    Makes sense. The momentum of the huge 21mm throw in itself helps with rotation.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Zubair, do you use a washer in any of your Rupes?
    '03 Corvette Z06

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Zubair, do you use a washer in any of your Rupes?
    Yes I do but no need with the Kamakazi's that are on there now. The MKII's seem to benefit more from being free than the MKI's. The 21 MKII is ridiculous in correction just like a rotary and should come with a warning, not because it will burn paint but because it removes paint unlike any dual action in existence.

Post Thanks / Like

rupes mark II 21" vs 15"

and say people what is beter 21 or 15 rupes which i will by?
    sorry for english

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I do but no need with the Kamakazi's that are on there now. The MKII's seem to benefit more from being free than the MKI's. The 21 MKII is ridiculous in correction just like a rotary and should come with a warning, not because it will burn paint but because it removes paint unlike any dual action in existence.
    In your opinion, is there a NOTICEABLE power(pad rotation) difference between the MK1 15 and the MK II 15? I was unimpressed with the MK1 15 as far as pad rotation.
    '03 Corvette Z06

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

In your opinion, is there a NOTICEABLE power(pad rotation) difference between the MK1 15 and the MK II 15? I was unimpressed with the MK1 15 as far as pad rotation.
    Yes there is but I am very critical so my noticeable and yours might be different as its very subjective. However....Don't get too caught up on rotation. The question you should be asking is there a noticeable difference in correction between the 15 MKI and MKII, then yes there is. What spoilt it for me was I didn't go from a 15ES to a 15 MKII, I went big one time and went 21 MKII. I then shortly bought a 15 MKII as they claimed it closes the power on the 21 through higher speeds. So I thought cool, insane cut plus versatility of a shorter throw. Turned out that wasn't exactly true, its more powerful than an ES but nothing like the 21 MKII in correction. 15 MKII is a very nice all rounder, smooth,powerful and useable. It will outcut all other DA's but having owned the 21 MKII just before it kinda spoilt it for me. If I didn't own the 21 I would be singing songs of the 15.

Precisely why I don't take opinions on this forum by people who don't own all as they only know what they own and rave about it without knowing theres better out there...much better...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes there is but I am very critical so my noticeable and yours might be different as its very subjective. However....Don't get too caught up on rotation. The question you should be asking is there a noticeable difference in correction between the 15 MKI and MKII, then yes there is. What spoilt it for me was I didn't go from a 15ES to a 15 MKII, I went big one time and went 21 MKII. I then shortly bought a 15 MKII as they claimed it closes the power on the 21 through higher speeds. So I thought cool, insane cut plus versatility of a shorter throw. Turned out that wasn't exactly true, its more powerful than an ES but nothing like the 21 MKII in correction. 15 MKII is a very nice all rounder, smooth,powerful and useable. It will outcut all other DA's but having owned the 21 MKII just before it kinda spoilt it for me. If I didn't own the 21 I would be singing songs of the 15.

Precisely why I don't take opinions on this forum by people who don't own all as they only know what they own and rave about it without knowing theres better out there...much better...
    Good stuff. Thank you.

MK II 21 with a 5" BP would seem to be a great. The 5" backing plate would make the 21mm throw a lot more versatile. I'm just guessing, tho...
    '03 Corvette Z06

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff. Thank you.

MK II 21 with a 5" BP would seem to be a great. The 5" backing plate would make the 21mm throw a lot more versatile. I'm just guessing, tho...
    Thats my favorite speed correction demon combo. I use the 21 MKII with a 5" Kamakazi Beast and it makes my 3401 look like a PC24.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast