autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes mark ii 15 stalling badly

they also sell silver ones (sharpies) as well. you can also try using a piece of colored tape (blue, tan, etc,)...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    they also sell silver ones (sharpies) as well. you can also try using a piece of colored tape (blue, tan, etc,)...
    Yes I believe the silver metallic 1 is the best recommended.. I don't think any sort of tape would adhere for too long.. If you look closely there's actually a black stripe built into the Boss backing plates, but it's impossible to see while polishing. Not sure why they even decided to include it. Minor gripe, but still..

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyobody answer to my guestion? Should 15 Mk2 stall more than Duetto and 21 Mk2? If not, then my unit is faulty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel1979 View Post
    Can anyobody answer to my guestion? Should 15 Mk2 stall more than Duetto and 21 Mk2? If not, then my unit is faulty.
    Hard question to answer without seeing it in person - will depend entirely on the depth of the curve or protrusion thats causing a rotation stall, your technique, etc.

If its just on a flat surface, no, but you honestly shouldn't see stalling with any of the tools listed on a flat panel unless you're pressing too hard or running the tool at really low speeds.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Dylan,

Between the 15 & 21 MKII, which polisher is less likely to stall?

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark 2 with a washer mod should have no stalling issues. It would have to be a pretty dramatic and serious curve.

The original es models with no washer mod even on 6 was stall city. Even the new mark 2 versions with no washer I found them to stall like crazy. Infact my father hated the mk2 we bought prior to putting the washer mod in.

After the washer mod my father and I love the machine. The 21 mk2 and g21 is very hard for me to get it not rotating.

Adjust your technique if I have no issues with a 21 (larger orbit less opms) you should have no issue with a mk2 15 (smaller orbit more opms)

Another thing I would check for is check your "washer mod" you might have not installed it right. Make sure the shroud and the plate is properly spaced.

Post Thanks / Like

A few suggestions : Start the polisher on the surface. Dress the pad, then add polish first then prep the area that u r about to polish without starting the tool. Like a 3 square foot area. After the surface prepping has been completed and with the tool flat on the surface then start at 1. After a few correct passes move up to 4 or so. Keep the polisher flat during all passes. Stop the polisher while still on the surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    Dylan,

Between the 15 & 21 MKII, which polisher is less likely to stall?
    Answer is going to be pretty much the same as above - hard to say. Neither will stall on a flat surface, it would be entirely dependent on the degree of the curve or protrusion causing the stall, speed of the tool, pad being used, compound being used (some compounds lube the surface more than others).

As a general idea the 15 should stall less in deeper curves due to the smaller orbit, higher OPM, and smaller pad as all those things mean it will be less effected by the panels curves, but thats not a hard and fast rule.

Post Thanks / Like

Well my 15 mk2 stalls easily and 21 mk2 works much better. I think im gonna sell my 15 since i have mini, duetto and 21 mk2 and also 5"pb fpr that. 15 is bit smoother but 21 is alot more powerfull

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN7PIaahF59/

There is a video of my 21 MKII vs 15 MKII. My 15 harly spins that white Rupes pad, my 21 have no problems whatsoever and even my Duetto performs a lot better than my 15 MKII. It has been like that since new and i have done few cars with it. Faulty unit?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast