autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes mark ii 15 stalling badly

I have a hard time grasping these issues, I have the original Rupes 21 and other then weird curved panels it doesn't stop.

On speed 4.5 I can put a ton of pressure and it will just keep spinning.

I'm going out on a limb that the machine has an issue.

Best bet might be to find a detailer in your area that uses Rupes polishers. Bring your polisher for him to try it out. Maybe even a fellow Autogeek might be in your area that has experience using a Rupes polisher.,
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Post Thanks / Like

That's really weird, I've heard people complain about these machines stalling on curves, but never a flat panel like you describe. I have a legacy Rupes 15 with a washer mod and I can use anywhere and everywhere without stalling at speed 4 and above. What speed are you using? Perhaps you do truly have a defective machine. Maybe Dylan will see this thread and chime in.

Can you post a video of what's happening for you?
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Don,

Just replied to your email with Jason Rose in copy - best thing at this point rather than speculating about what is causing the issue is to see you working with it. If possible get a short cell phone video and send it over to us - sometimes its something really simple that we're just not thinking of.

For everyone else - lets not turn this into a Flex v. BigFoot debate - he didn't come here asking people to critique his purchase, he asked for advice on the tool he has and he has received it. If we want to turn it into a polisher pi$$ing contest I'll happily challenge anyone to a correction contest with the tool of their choice. Some of the statements made here are flat out false and/or uninformed - but thats for another thread, and not one where someone is asking for assistance.

Back on topic - I shared an anecdotal situation with Don in my reply - we challenged someone to stall a 15 Mark II at Detail Fest on our Fiat demo hood. They put their full weight on the tool, off angle, and at max speed rotation continued... to the point the pad smoked, he cooked the compound (broke the emulsion) and left a nice brown stain on the Fiats paint. Its quite difficult to stall out the Mark II on brute force, it takes a pretty deep curve or hard edge and even then its still polishing. Rotation is only part of the equation... that 15mm stroke still gets a lot done.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see the OP is getting the help he needs. As always, Rupes is a first class organization and comes to the assistance of Rupes owners when necessary. This is one of the many reasons I continue to support Rupes.

Post Thanks / Like

I can definitely understand people's frustration with the pad rotation issues. The whole thing can be solved in two ways:

1) Practice, practice, practice
    2) Use the right tool for the particular job.

No matter how good you learn to operate a Rupes, you may still need to have another machine that may be better suited for some curves and contours.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by runrun411 View Post
    I can definitely understand people's frustration with the pad rotation issues. The whole thing can be solved in two ways:

1) Practice, practice, practice
    2) Use the right tool for the particular job.

No matter how good you learn to operate a Rupes, you may still need to have another machine that may be better suited for some curves and contours.
    I disagree,my 15ES on orbit alone corrects, never needed to pull out my 3401 or PE-14 on curves where the 15ES couldn't correct as a result of loss of rotation. They designed to correct with orbit alone as a result of the long throw. No need for another machine.

Too much false information on the forums. 8mm throws need rotation, long throws cut on orbit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    I disagree,my 15ES on orbit alone corrects, never needed to pull out my 3401 or PE-14 on curves where the 15ES couldn't correct as a result of loss of rotation. They designed to correct with orbit alone as a result of the long throw. No need for another machine.

Too much false information on the forums. 8mm throws need rotation, long throws cut on orbit.
    Interesting comment. I use a Mini/PE-14 on tight areas and have never tried to correct with orbit on a long throw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post

Amen!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
    or... Buy a 3401 and have a machine that's built better, corrects faster, and won't ever bog down no matter what the circumstance.
    booooooooooooooooo hissssssssssssss

Not too mention Flex cloning a long throw machine LOL.

Guess Rupes was eating into their market share and they felt compelled to respond with a knock off.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    booooooooooooooooo hissssssssssssss

Not too mention Flex cloning a long throw machine LOL.

Guess Rupes was eating into their market share and they felt compelled to respond with a knock off.
    crazy talk

All the Europeans are producing knockoffs (REMOVED OUTSIDE LINK, PLEASE REVIEW TERMS/CONDITIONS IN FAQ ON TOOLBAR)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast