autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are Rupes polishers tough or easy to get broken?

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Like most things, I'm convinced most problems with most "tools" in general are user error, incorrect use, incorrect accessories, or overuse.
    A good amount of times its user error, but not all... the biggest issue is how people treat them. We get tools in for repair that look like they've been dragged behind a car and used to pound in nails and the customers are upset when we tell them we can warranty that kind of abuse. Like anything, you have to take care of the tools that earn you money or provide you pleasure/a hobby if you want them to perform. I'm very particular (always have been) about proper care and maintenance of my tools - be it an 18v drill, a circular saw, a socket wrench, or a polisher - I maintain them and rarely have to worry about performance.

Post Thanks / Like

My 15 has been through the mill, probably polished over 500 vehicles in all types of crazy environments. Looking a little rough but runs great. My Mark II is on the way to my house from Florida as we speak...
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    A good amount of times its user error, but not all... the biggest issue is how people treat them. We get tools in for repair that look like they've been dragged behind a car and used to pound in nails and the customers are upset when we tell them we can warranty that kind of abuse. Like anything, you have to take care of the tools that earn you money or provide you pleasure/a hobby if you want them to perform. I'm very particular (always have been) about proper care and maintenance of my tools - be it an 18v drill, a circular saw, a socket wrench, or a polisher - I maintain them and rarely have to worry about performance.
    Well that sux. I had some rusty nails I planned on beating down with my Rupes this weekend - are you saying it would void the warranty???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your valuable info.
    Actually the problem of my tool has already been taken care. I just wanted to hear your opinions for my future purchasing decision.
    Overall, it doesn’t seems like Rupes tools have many quality problems. I really appreciate your info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12