autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Bigfoot Nano results

So what is the results for the Rupes Nano? For everyone who were fortunate to receive their Nano.. are you happy with them. How do they work? Any problems? Are they worth it and would you buy another one?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Bigfoot Nano results

Used mine at a Ferrari show where myself and Rod Kraft were doing a demo. Very impressed not only with the quality of the tool but also performance. I can see this cutting into 75 sales! Buy it you won't regret it!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I was the very first private owner(non dist) to take delivery on it. I have a Ford GT scheduled for a detail on Mon. I should have more info once that car is complete which should be around Wed.

From what I can tell so far from briefly tinkering with it, I can tell it is a high quality tool meant for detailers that appreciate quality and precision.

Post Thanks / Like

Wondering how it does on removing swirl and buffing.. is it strong enough?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcanoe View Post
    Wondering how it does on removing swirl and buffing.. is it strong enough?
    For the little that I have tinkered with it, I did a detail on a new 2016 Ford Explorer yesterday. Had minor swirls and I did the areas between the roof rack and side windows. I did both battery and chord variants and it had enough power to remove these scratches. I used both the 30-40mm and 50-70mm pads. Now I do not really have a wide array of different paint codes/applications to tell you definitively. Any review this early will really be just a narrow minded/view of its abilities. To really fully review something like this needs to be put through its paces on many different applications/paint types/on different substrates to give a proper review.

Post Thanks / Like

Want to use this for doing motorcycles... just want to buy one machine so was thinking this would do everything on the motorcycle paint wise.. are extra pads available yet? Thinking it would be a good sideline just doing the motorcycle thing for several friends.. any and all info on their performance would help.... the exchange rate between Canadian/Usa is gonna kill me tho.... looks like I may be in the doghouse for awhile.

Post Thanks / Like

Want to use this for doing motorcycles... just want to buy one machine so was thinking this would do everything on the motorcycle paint wise.. are extra pads available yet? Thinking it would be a good sideline just doing the motorcycle thing for several friends.. any and all info on their performance would help.... the exchange rate between Canadian/Usa is gonna kill me tho.... looks like I may be in the doghouse for awhile.
    Considering the fairings usually have a lot of flex agent to allow flexing, the paint systems are very forgiving. However since the substrate is very thin expect it to heat up quickly unless it is a composite substrate. If you are un-familair how to use these machines and how things work I would leave these things for a professional. Last thing you want is to ruin your friends bikes. Then the dog house will be a permanent living situation...

Post Thanks / Like

So the general consensus is that its a good machine but I am to not buy one as I am not a professional and should leave it up to professionals. Always thought everyone started at the bottom at some point and worked at becoming a professional. There goes my dreams... such a cruel cruel world...

Post Thanks / Like

Buy it, enjoy it! You'll love it!

Post Thanks / Like

So the general consensus is that its a good machine but I am to not buy one as I am not a professional and should leave it up to professionals. Always thought everyone started at the bottom at some point and worked at becoming a professional. There goes my dreams... such a cruel cruel world...
    Whoa--I don't think that's what he meant. He was just cautioning if you don't have a lot of polishing experience, then those are bad surfaces to learn on (at least I think that's what he meant).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast