autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pad size for rotory

Quote Originally Posted by cartman57 View Post
    No problem answering, I appreciate your feedback.
    Not able to try it on a vehicle with pads, just trying it at the counter for now, $75 with full warranty, no box.
    If the size and weight are okay for you, the machine will NOT disappoint. That is a crazy deal... I'd be all over it.

Is the car in your avatar yours? I admire it every time I see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g26er View Post
    If the size and weight are okay for you, the machine will NOT disappoint. That is a crazy deal... I'd be all over it.

Is the car in your avatar yours? I admire it every time I see it.
    They turn over new tools every year, just so happened to go in there looking for something else.

I do have a 97X lowered and custom grill treatment like in the avitar but it's black, thank you!! It's my girlfriend, so is my wife's black Lexus RX and Lincoln LS, no jealousy on her part cause she drives them too.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Smack, how do you like the softstart on the Dewalt, 7" BP comes with it?
    Might have a good line on one from a tool store that wants to get rid of their demo model.
    I like the soft start but as mentioned by g26er it is a bit abrupt at first. I dont use the 7 inch plate that it came with.

Not trying to answer for Smack since your question was directed at him, but I'll throw my 2 cents in.

The 7" BP that comes with it is nice but mostly good for wool. Only 6" of it has velcro so what I did was trim the foam off around the edge that did not have velcro. Then I spun it on the tool while holding sandpaper on the edge to give it a nice finished edge. Now it looks like it came that way and 6" is more useful than 7" for me. It's a perfect fit to the 6" Hybrid Blue Foamed Wool pad.

The soft start is slightly abrupt. Hard to explain, but the initial torque is pretty strong if you pull the trigger all the way. It kinda speeds up quick then slows to speed. With that said my PE14 does it as well just to a lesser extent. I like my 849x more in every way than the PE14 except for size and weight. The DeWalt is such a well made machine.

The 849x can be had for just under $180 new including shipping. Get AG to price match... For the money it's a pretty amazing machine.
    Thanks for offering your opinions as well. We can all use the advice posted by others.

Want to sell your PE14?

No problem answering, I appreciate your feedback.
    Not able to try it on a vehicle with pads, just trying it at the counter for now, $75 with full warranty, no box.
    Jump on the deal Steve. I got mine for $150.

It is a very nice machine for the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike and g26er, will go to pick it up this week and get a smaller backing plate. (it's about time I retire the B&D 2 speed)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Want to sell your PE14?
    The PE14 and the 849x both have good and bad things about them and in the end for me they both accomplish the same thing. I don't need two rotaries so yeah I'd be willing to sell either one. If you really are interested just PM me.

Thanks Mike and g26er, will go to pick it up this week and get a smaller backing plate. (it's about time I retire the B&D 2 speed)
    Ha! Quite the upgrade there!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123