Pretty interesting putting it thru it's paces on my Z06. Pictures to come soon, but for now I'll give my perspective on this machine.

I have been using the DeWalt 849 for the last 8 years....it has seen a TON of use- buffing out hoods, cars, you name it. Never let me down. However, its very heavy and very easy to get out of balance. However, it's powerful and will easily handle whatever you throw at it.

The Flex...well right off the bat it's much smaller.....MUCH. Very easy to get in tight spots.

It's very balanced. You can easily use it with one hand and it seems to have plenty of power.. However Flex did not get it perfect in my opinion.

The soft start feature sucks, IMO. I've already had it "dead trigger" on me a couple times by pulling the trigger a couple times quickly in succession before the motor got up to speed. Might be a safety mech...not sure. But it is annoying.

The trigger/handle housing is way too thick..compared to the deWalt it's almost impossible to keep the trigger pulled down with out fatigue. For example, I ran the DeWalt for almost 4 hours last weekend and the only thing that grew weary was my left arm from supporting the weight. The Flex? I ran it for less than 20 minutes and my right hand was cramping.
Keep in mind I have big hands...real big. Guys with smaller hands are gonna have a time with the Flex.

Am I happy with the purchase? Absolutely. It's easier to maneuver and manipulate, and the balance and sheer quality makes it worth the money.

Just wish they had done a better job with the trigger and junked the soft start feature.