autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rotary Polisher...

Is there a difference?

I use the Milwaukee at work... but I found a GREAT deal on the DeWalt... I'm just curious if there is a huge difference?

And yes, I do know how to use a rotary safely... and yes, I plan to make booku bucks buffing out scratches out side of work.
    *Signature removed by admin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at power, price, warranty, weight, and features. Thats really the only differences other than color and name on side. Hitachi measures up quite well against all the bigger names IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    DC did a poll on this exact subject and Makita came in 1st dewalt 2nd,hitatchi 3rd.Above all Hitatchi offered ta 5 year warranty ,kinda makes you wonder.DS i own a Makita 9227 but i havent used it more then once and that was on my trunk deck.I have only used a PC and was worried about the incidents i;ve heard using a rotorary, but i took to it pretty good with some great results. The Makita is lighter then a dewalt and offers two types of handle grips.

Have you heard of the Metabo although a bit more $$ it is suppose to be a great machine.BTW,i've been doing this partime if you wanna hook up some day to make some cash i'm game.Only if you promise to leave mehgan for me
    Last edited by joe.p; 05-05-2006 at 08:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have knowledge about the Metabo polisher but I have bought 1/2 dozen of their grinders for my crew at work and they are a great tool and durable. I work for a steel manufacturer and our tools take some abuse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Taking up an old post... Sorry..

I'm looking for a rotary. I stand between the Metabo PE 12 175 and the Milwaukee AP 12QE
    The metabo is about $150 more expansive. Price isn't really a matter.

What do I do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Go with the Metabo. You here more good thing about it. Milwaukee is barely talk on any forum due to being heavy then the metabo and others.
    Well .... lets just say that a new Ferrari 430 Spyder was delivered to me last week. In that week I would have drove it by all those previous girlfriends who said I would never make it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristR View Post
    Taking up an old post... Sorry..

I'm looking for a rotary. I stand between the Metabo PE 12 175 and the Milwaukee AP 12QE
    The metabo is about $150 more expansive. Price isn't really a matter.

What do I do?
    Those are probably the two most different options on the market.. The lightest vs one of the heaviest.. Do yourself a favor and drop by sears on the way home and pick up the milwaukee to feel just how heavy it is.. I personally don't think I'd want to use one 8+ hrs at a time.. I ended up with the makita and really like it so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    I held the Milwaukee, and I didn't really think of the weight. But I noticed that it felt very wellbuilt, and weight is a bi-product of that.

The Milwaukee is $550 and the Metabo is $700. Is it worth it?
    So I guess the only difference is weight and less noise with the Metabo.

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally thought the weight was the biggest problem with the milwaukee. I think its a well built tool though. Not really a problem as you'll rarely need to use it over that, but I believe the Milwaukee is also only a 1750rpm polisher.. vs 2200rpm of the metabo.. And 3000 for the makita/dewalt and 3200 I believe for the hitachi.

Just noticed you're in Norway... Is that in USD??? Wow thats expensive! Is everything like that over there? Here you can get the milwaukee for about $150 and closer to $250 for the metabo (bargain shopping).

To me the extra price would be worth it in this case. May not be to other people though. The weight is still my biggest concern, the milwaukee weighs nearly as much as 2 metabos.. While it may not seem like a big deal at first, even my makita gets heavy after 8-10 hours..

Post Thanks / Like
    The Milwaukee was 900-2500rpms. Since I'm new to rotary, I propably wont exceed 1900rpms at first:P
    Some stuff is kinnda expensive here i Norway. The Cyclo is $1400 or 7500Norweigian Kroners.
    A pack of Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax is $60.

I've allways wanted the Metabo.. Guess I should follow my dreams.. hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast