autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Makita 9227

Post Thanks / Like

Makita 9227

Which pads can be used with the Flex-Foam 5"HD BP? AG shows LC Flat Foam and LC Hydrotech 5.5" on the link. The LC 5.5" CCS say that they are for DA's. Meguiars Soft Buff 6.5" require a 5" BP, will they work?

I have 7.5" LC CCS for the large areas, and was thinking it would be good to have a smaller BP and pads for bumpers, etc. I figured since I already have the LC CCS, I'd just get those in the 5.5", but as I read thru the description it says they are made specifically for the DA polishers. Is this just marketing and a pad is a pad?

Thanks, great site.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Makita 9227

Quote Originally Posted by 70chevelle View Post
    Which pads can be used with the Flex-Foam 5"HD BP? AG shows LC Flat Foam and LC Hydrotech 5.5" on the link. The LC 5.5" CCS say that they are for DA's. Meguiars Soft Buff 6.5" require a 5" BP, will they work?

I have 7.5" LC CCS for the large areas, and was thinking it would be good to have a smaller BP and pads for bumpers, etc. I figured since I already have the LC CCS, I'd just get those in the 5.5", but as I read thru the description it says they are made specifically for the DA polishers. Is this just marketing and a pad is a pad?

Thanks, great site.
    You can use any of the above pads mentioned. I prefer using the LC Kompressor pads myself

Lake Country Kompressor 6 inch Foam Pads, Foam Buffing Pads, Lake Country buffer pads, polishing pads

Here is a link ^
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you can use any but prime the CCS pad edges prior to using them on the rotary. That sharp edge can cause holograms if your pad tilts a little bit.

The 7.5's should be fine because I believe they are curved. It's the 5.5 you should prime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    You can use any of the above pads mentioned. I prefer using the LC Kompressor pads myself

Lake Country Kompressor 6 inch Foam Pads, Foam Buffing Pads, Lake Country buffer pads, polishing pads

Here is a link ^
    Philbert's covered everything with his answer.

I've used CCS Pads, Flat Pads, and Kompressor and I prefer Kompressor pads on both my Flex and Makita rotary polishers...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Thanks. Another q. I have 2 Mercedes with ceramic clear along with a '03 durango. I planned on getting meguiars 105/205 and then read up on menzernas po83/106 for ceramic clears. Will the 105/205 just take a little more time on the Mercedes? The durango needs the most attention but am concerned about the aggressiveness of the menzerna and didn't really want to buy both.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 70chevelle View Post
    Cool! Thanks. Another q. I have 2 Mercedes with ceramic clear along with a '03 durango. I planned on getting meguiars 105/205 and then read up on menzernas po83/106 for ceramic clears. Will the 105/205 just take a little more time on the Mercedes? The durango needs the most attention but am concerned about the aggressiveness of the menzerna and didn't really want to buy both.
    If I had to have one or the other, I would get Meguiars 105/205. It would be nice though to have both

If anything, using Menzerna will take longer

Good luck,

Philbert K Wormley III
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”