autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

DW 849 polisher lubrication

I was reading my DW 849 polisher's manual again and it recommended taking the unit to a service provider for lubrication every couple of months. I could not find anywhere instructions as to how to lubricate the unit. I would prefer to not pay a service man to lubricate the unit. I should be able to do it myself but have no instructions as to where to lubricate or what kind of lubricant to use.

I called Dewalt and they had no idea either. He was going to call me back after he talked to some more people. Does anyone know how to lubricate a DW 849 polisher.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DW 849 polisher lubrication

There is no need for lubrication. The only lube in the polisher is in the head (gears). Unscrew the 4 screws from the head to the body and slide it off. Clean the old grease out and put some new moly grease in. You dont have to do this every couple months or really at all. These buffers are basically maintenance free aside from brushes and a new cord now and then. The only reason I re-greased my dewalt is because I decided to freshing it up and full disassemble everything.
    Alan T.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DW 849 polisher lubrication

Quote Originally Posted by Lasthope05 View Post
    There is no need for lubrication. The only lube in the polisher is in the head (gears). Unscrew the 4 screws from the head to the body and slide it off. Clean the old grease out and put some new moly grease in. You dont have to do this every couple months or really at all. These buffers are basically maintenance free aside from brushes and a new cord now and then. The only reason I re-greased my dewalt is because I decided to freshing it up and full disassemble everything.
    Thanks. I just got an email from Dewalt as a follow up. They said that there is no need to lube the unit. They put that blurb about lubing in all of their manuals and it is a general statement that is not directed at the DW 894.