autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Member Joshs2013MSAltimaSL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

105 drying too fast?

So I was playing around with M105 and a wool pad the other day. This was a never before used pad by the way. Now I'm thinking that it was because the pad wasn't primed fully, but the 105 dried way too fast. I would spread it with the machine off, and then go right to correcting. By the time I got to a section, it was dry. This was a 2x2 foot area too. Any ideas on how to get a wool pad primed correctly?
    Be sure to check out http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-everyone.html. All pictures are welcome!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 105 drying too fast?

Quote Originally Posted by joshs07redss View Post
    So I was playing around with M105 and a wool pad the other day. This was a never before used pad by the way. Now I'm thinking that it was because the pad wasn't primed fully, but the 105 dried way too fast. I would spread it with the machine off, and then go right to correcting. By the time I got to a section, it was dry. This was a 2x2 foot area too. Any ideas on how to get a wool pad primed correctly?
    Do not spread it around, that is your main problem. The air from the pad spinning is making it dry to quickly. M105 is suppose to flash quickly, you just need to practice more. I was using it earlier today with a wool pad with no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you using a PC? If so, I've found reducing my work area to a tad under 18" square, gives me a decent amount of working time. At least 4 passes.

Also, what size pads are you using?
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    Are you using a PC? If so, I've found reducing my work area to a tad under 18" square, gives me a decent amount of working time. At least 4 passes.

Also, what size pads are you using?
    He has a rotary and is using a Megs wool pad. He just needs to practice more to get it down.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I see. It definitely has a learning curve. OP, I've heard some members like using a spritz of water to extend the working time. Maybe it's worth a try.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

There wasn't any mention on what speed he is using it at either.Try laying down a bead on the part you want to correct and picking up the product that way .
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

A light (and I mean light) spritz of water on the wool pad helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm using a wool pad and rotary at around 1500 rpm. I was spreading it around and that was my problem. The product was just sitting on the paint until I got to it and dried out. I'm just doing to put some on the pad next time and just start from there. This stuff is such a pain in the butt, but the results that can be achieved by it are worth the time it takes to learn.

Dana, I want to see some pictures of the Lambo!
    Be sure to check out http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-everyone.html. All pictures are welcome!!

Mike Phillips

Work a smaller section because if Tampa is anything like Stewart it's warm and I would even say hot around here.

Clean your pad often. Hate to beat the Pad Washer Drum but I can't say enough about how nice it is to pick up each new bead or strip of product with a clean pad.

Meguiar's recommends misting on some M34 if you want to use a wetting agent but I've used plain water and it works, like AeroCleanse posted, just spray on a little otherwise you'll run into a splatter problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply Mike! I need to spend a lot of time with it this weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast