autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers PowerBall 4Paint

Only when detailing. I have used it to polish my wife's jewelery and it came out great. Lost a few foam fingers, but still works fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers PowerBall 4Paint

The PowerBall hooked up to a drill becomes too tiring to apply wax to an entire vehicle. Applying wax by hand with an applicator pad is much easier. I found this thing from AutoZone and also sold at Target, where you just stick the applicator pad to this plastic handle (sticks via velcro) and it makes applying waxes and polishes by hand a whole lot easier. It is very similar to the Polishin' Pal sold at this website but uses velcro instead of the hook & loop design that the Polishin' Pal uses.

I did not find the PowerBall to be more efficient with polish than doing it by hand because the PowerBall is so big and has so many foam fingers, it just keeps absorbing product like the sponge that it is.

Spare yourself and use the PowerBall for polishing wheels and don't make the same mistake I did. I have four of them, only two of them are used for polishing my wheels, and two brand-new ones are still sitting in my bedroom because I do not have a use for them. If you want go in the direction of applying products by machine, then your best bet is to spring for a Porter Cable or some other machine polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: Mothers PowerBall 4Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    The PowerBall hooked up to a drill becomes too tiring to apply wax to an entire vehicle. Applying wax by hand with an applicator pad is much easier. I found this thing from AutoZone and also sold at Target, where you just stick the applicator pad to this plastic handle (sticks via velcro) and it makes applying waxes and polishes by hand a whole lot easier. It is very similar to the Polishin' Pal sold at this website but uses velcro instead of the hook & loop design that the Polishin' Pal uses.

I did not find the PowerBall to be more efficient with polish than doing it by hand because the PowerBall is so big and has so many foam fingers, it just keeps absorbing product like the sponge that it is.

Spare yourself and use the PowerBall for polishing wheels and don't make the same mistake I did. I have four of them, only two of them are used for polishing my wheels, and two brand-new ones are still sitting in my bedroom because I do not have a use for them. If you want go in the direction of applying products by machine, then your best bet is to spring for a Porter Cable or some other machine polisher.
    I used it for removing waxes not appling waxes and It works great. Why don't you give that a try. Instead off ranting and raving. Read the directions. This product does not deserve someones review that has no idea how to work it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12