autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

help decide swirl/cut and polish for Z06

SO>>>>>

I have a BLACK z06 I want to improve.

I have a 7424xp. Ive been told to get the 5"back with 5.5 ccs pads (not sure what colors I need yet)

What swirl and polish combo should I go with?

I've been told wolf gang works great but man it some pretty pricey stuff.

I'm pretty sure i will go with this for my sealant Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax, polymer wax, best car wax, Ultimate Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Re: help decide swirl/cut and polish for Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Swirlbuster View Post

I'm pretty sure i will go with this for my sealant Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax, polymer wax, best car wax, Ultimate Wax
    If the Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax is your LSP, just stick with their Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish. Can't really go wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 7424xp. Ive been told to get the 5"back with 5.5 ccs pads (not sure what colors I need yet)

I've been told wolf gang works great but man it some pretty pricey stuff.

Pad size may vary. I understand why some say 5", I use 6" and find no problems. Just go slower in arm movement if things don't go fast enough. However, I've never had a problem.

Pad wise there are several combinations of products and pads that will work but generally speaking what I would suggest is testing out with the least corrective combo needed and move up if needed. That said:

HDSpeed on a green pad or even white pad if it's not bad. I just used it with a Green Pad and it was great. If it needs a little more cut, you could move to an Orange Pad.

I was so impressed with the above that it's going to be my go-to for light correction work. No dusting and easy to remove. It finished with a feel of a polish not a LSP on our van and I've heard mixed reviews on longevity but then I always finish with a much stronger LSP anyway. I just like the ease of use.

Megs Ultimate Polish on a White or Orange Pad. This was and still is a great combo that I like using. If you're going for the first go-round on your Vette, this will likely be the better route. I say this as I would also strongly encourage you to look at the taking another pass once it's corrected with Menzerma SF4000 on a white pad. It really puts a polish on the finish that creates a strong mirror effect.

Plan on looking at about 6 Orange/Green pads and perhaps 4-6 white pads. 1-2 black pads.

In terms of finishing, I tend to go crazy topping things off so your mileage will vary, but there too are a number of combo's you could go with. Here too there are a number of different pads, but I tend to stick with black for spreading my LSPs.

I really like the Chemical Guys Black Lite now. I just applied 2 coats to my wife's black metallic paint I did yesterday and WOW! It sure did help deepen the color intensity of the flake and depth tot he blacks. It's a hybrid glaze that fills in and deepens with a light sealant thrown in. It's not a final product so I topped it off with Collinite because it's winter here and that stuff is awesome. I also use and love Menzerma Powerlock synthetic sealant product. Never used Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax, polymer wax, best car wax, Ultimate Wax but it sounds like a winner and if it's like the other products in their line I'm sure it is.

Hope my nickels worth helps.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

help decide swirl/cut and polish for Z06

I know you're the Swirlbuster and all, but since you're just starting off, it wouldn't be too bad a choice to try Meguiars Black Wax. I tried it on a black VW Jetta last weekend and it left it looking great. Plus it only costs around $11. Polish & wax in 1 step and you're set. In the meantime you can continue your research and if you decide to try something else next time you can. Or you may find out the Megs Black Wax is perfect for your black z06.

Post Thanks / Like

Close-up photos of your paint in the Sun will help Forum Members give accurate advice.
    Beware of those giving suggestions without evidence of their results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post

Pad size may vary. I understand why some say 5", I use 6" and find no problems. Just go slower in arm movement if things don't go fast enough. However, I've never had a problem.

Pad wise there are several combinations of products and pads that will work but generally speaking what I would suggest is testing out with the least corrective combo needed and move up if needed. That said:

HDSpeed on a green pad or even white pad if it's not bad. I just used it with a Green Pad and it was great. If it needs a little more cut, you could move to an Orange Pad.

I was so impressed with the above that it's going to be my go-to for light correction work. No dusting and easy to remove. It finished with a feel of a polish not a LSP on our van and I've heard mixed reviews on longevity but then I always finish with a much stronger LSP anyway. I just like the ease of use.

Megs Ultimate Polish on a White or Orange Pad. This was and still is a great combo that I like using. If you're going for the first go-round on your Vette, this will likely be the better route. I say this as I would also strongly encourage you to look at the taking another pass once it's corrected with Menzerma SF4000 on a white pad. It really puts a polish on the finish that creates a strong mirror effect.

Plan on looking at about 6 Orange/Green pads and perhaps 4-6 white pads. 1-2 black pads.

In terms of finishing, I tend to go crazy topping things off so your mileage will vary, but there too are a number of combo's you could go with. Here too there are a number of different pads, but I tend to stick with black for spreading my LSPs.

I really like the Chemical Guys Black Lite now. I just applied 2 coats to my wife's black metallic paint I did yesterday and WOW! It sure did help deepen the color intensity of the flake and depth tot he blacks. It's a hybrid glaze that fills in and deepens with a light sealant thrown in. It's not a final product so I topped it off with Collinite because it's winter here and that stuff is awesome. I also use and love Menzerma Powerlock synthetic sealant product. Never used Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax, polymer wax, best car wax, Ultimate Wax but it sounds like a winner and if it's like the other products in their line I'm sure it is.

Hope my nickels worth helps.

ok

TMI lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    If the Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax is your LSP, just stick with their Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish. Can't really go wrong.

Was kinda leaning this way.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I know you're the Swirlbuster and all, but since you're just starting off, it wouldn't be too bad a choice to try Meguiars Black Wax. I tried it on a black VW Jetta last weekend and it left it looking great. Plus it only costs around $11. Polish & wax in 1 step and you're set. In the meantime you can continue your research and if you decide to try something else next time you can. Or you may find out the Megs Black Wax is perfect for your black z06.
    Interesting product

I'm looking for longevity on my lsp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AGOatemywallet View Post
    Close-up photos of your paint in the Sun will help Forum Members give accurate advice.
    I'll see what I can do.

kinda cloudy today, I'll see about getting a light on her.

Post Thanks / Like

Was kinda leaning this way.

Thanks
    Good luck getting much correction with black wax on the corvette hard clear. If you want to fill the swirls, by all means...
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast