autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Reload extend the life of Cquartz?

will applying Reload on a 2-3 month basis help extend the life of Cquatz coating?

Mike Phillips

Re: Does Reload extend the life of Cquartz?

Yes.

Mike Phillips

From the Reload webpage

Reload Spray Sealant, spray paint sealant, spray wax, CQuartz Reload

Hydrophobic, high gloss paint protection!

Give your vehicle the durable glass-like protection of Reload Spray Sealant. It's a water-based, spray-on glass membrane coating so the finish is literally glassy smooth and reflective! Reload Spray Sealant repels dirt and water. Use it alone for up to six months of paint protection or as a booster over CQuartz.

Reload Spray Sealant is not your typical spray wax! Reload is made of a water base plus special modified Silica - the same compound found in glass. The silica gives Reload its fantastic light reflecting properties and a slick shine. Dirt can't stick and water beads on contact!

Reload Spray Sealant forms a thick, substantial coating. In fact, a Reload coating helps prevent fine scratches on paintwork. It can also be used on rubber, plastic, and glass.

Reload Spray Sealant can be used on a wet or dry vehicle. If you use it on a dry vehicle, make sure the paint is clean and cool. On a wet vehicle, Reload Spray Sealant removes water spots and lays down a clear layer of protection - all in one step!

Reload Spray Sealant can be used by itself or on top of Ceramic Quartz Paint Protection. Reload enhances the anti-static, hydrophobic nature of CQuartz and, of course, maintains the high gloss shine! It's a winning combination.

Reload Spray Sealant is a fast, cost effective way to keep your vehicle well-protected and looking its best.

Directions:

Test Reload in an inconspicuous area before applying to the whole car. In case of uneven areas, wipe off Reload with isopropyl alcohol. Paint should be clean and free of solvents or wax before applying Reload.

Reload can be applied on top of CQuartz.

Shake well. Spray the vehicle with Reload after washing or when its dry and cool to the touch.

Wipe off with a clean, dry microfiber towel using light pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    From the Reload webpage

Reload Spray Sealant, spray paint sealant, spray wax, CQuartz Reload

Hydrophobic, high gloss paint protection!

Give your vehicle the durable glass-like protection of Reload Spray Sealant. It's a water-based, spray-on glass membrane coating so the finish is literally glassy smooth and reflective! Reload Spray Sealant repels dirt and water. Use it alone for up to six months of paint protection or as a booster over CQuartz.

Reload Spray Sealant is not your typical spray wax! Reload is made of a water base plus special modified Silica - the same compound found in glass. The silica gives Reload its fantastic light reflecting properties and a slick shine. Dirt can't stick and water beads on contact!

Reload Spray Sealant forms a thick, substantial coating. In fact, a Reload coating helps prevent fine scratches on paintwork. It can also be used on rubber, plastic, and glass.

Reload Spray Sealant can be used on a wet or dry vehicle. If you use it on a dry vehicle, make sure the paint is clean and cool. On a wet vehicle, Reload Spray Sealant removes water spots and lays down a clear layer of protection - all in one step!

Reload Spray Sealant can be used by itself or on top of Ceramic Quartz Paint Protection. Reload enhances the anti-static, hydrophobic nature of CQuartz and, of course, maintains the high gloss shine! It's a winning combination.

Reload Spray Sealant is a fast, cost effective way to keep your vehicle well-protected and looking its best.

Directions:

Test Reload in an inconspicuous area before applying to the whole car. In case of uneven areas, wipe off Reload with isopropyl alcohol. Paint should be clean and free of solvents or wax before applying Reload.

Reload can be applied on top of CQuartz.

Shake well. Spray the vehicle with Reload after washing or when its dry and cool to the touch.

Wipe off with a clean, dry microfiber towel using light pressure.

I dont mean to steel the thread. just one question. I know longer have the coating on my car. I went back to wax and sealants. i have a whole bottle of reload still. can this be use over wax or a sealant like power lock. in between washes?

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt,

If you use Reload every 2-3 months, you will definitely extend the life of the coating. Reload can be used as a stand alone sealant and I have personally seen it last 5 months or so through heavy Upstate NY winter. I like to see my customers whose cars I coat at least once a year for a decon wash and ill top with Reload or Hydr02.

Quote Originally Posted by asalesagent912 View Post
    I dont mean to steel the thread. just one question. I know longer have the coating on my car. I went back to wax and sealants. i have a whole bottle of reload still. can this be use over wax or a sealant like power lock. in between washes?

Reload is designed to bond to bare paint. This is when it works best. You could use Reload then apply a wax a week later. You techncally can top over Power Lock. The main issue will be how long it lasts. You want to also beware of stacking LSPs. I think Mike has a great article on this subject.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by asalesagent912 View Post

I dont mean to steel the thread. just one question.

I know longer have the coating on my car. I went back to wax and sealants.

i have a whole bottle of reload still. can this be use over wax or a sealant like power lock. in between washes?

My guess is there will be a bonding issue. You won't know if it works or helps or hurts until you try.

I'd guess you have nothing to lose by trying... might work or at least work okay after the newness of the freshly applied wax has worn away. Like try the Reload after a wash or two...

But again, my guess is it will be chemically incompatible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    My guess is there will be a bonding issue. You won't know if it works or helps or hurts until you try.

I'd guess you have nothing to lose by trying... might work or at least work okay after the newness of the freshly applied wax has worn away. Like try the Reload after a wash or two...

But again, my guess is it will be chemically incompatible.

Ok thanks