autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: best wAX OR SEALANT

Most times what you get are opinions of what fellow forum members enjoy using, when "the best..." anything is asked.

This is ok though, because it gives one a view of what has worked for people, across the board.

In the spirit of participation, I can say that I really like Duragloss 111, Meguiar's NXT 2.0, Ultimate Wax, #20 Polymer Sealant, and #21 Synthetic Sealant.

2. Thanks Dortch thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with other about there is no best. There are lots of options available.

These are some that I have used that work well

Meguiar's M21
    Meguiar's Ultimate Wax
    Detailer's Pro Poli-Coat
    Klasse Sealant
    Americana Car Care Ameriseal

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to insist that a whole bunch of other Waxes and
    Sealants are better than the Wax or Sealant that I choose
    to use.

That way:
    When my choices beats all the others, mano a mano...
    I don't have to beat-the-drums to call attention to them.
    After all: "Actions speak louder than words!"

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

No problem in asking

As stated money, what you want get out of your wax , what equipment you will be using fiquires into your selection.

Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides

Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell you what the best is, but here is what I prefer and why I prefer it: Klasse high gloss sealant glaze.

why?
    -it is easy to apply, (using the damp MF applicator and small 1 ounce atomizing spray bottle) wipe on/wipe off
    -I can add a bit of it to a gallon of whatever QD I use as a drying aid and boost protection whenever I wash
    -it is extremely durable considering how easy it is to apply and how little is needed
    -I bought a 33 ounce jug of it when I bought my jeep in 2009 and I am nowhere near out of it

The "best" of anything will always be in a state of flux as there are a ton of factors as well as new products being released every year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbreeze225 View Post
    hey guys so i got anothing question. in the past i have always stuck with meguiars gold class paste wax. i am looking to trying some liquid wax or sealant for that matter. (NOT the thin liquid that comes out of a spray bottle i want the stuff that is thicker so you can put on a pad and a DA polisher). as i said i have only used gold class paste so i dont know where to start. i am also hearing alot about SEALANTS. so i dont know if i should try that insted of wax. i am looking to get as glossy finish as possible (very wet look and reflective like a mirror) and i also have to be able to use with a DA machine. hope to hear every ones opinions
    OP, I had been using Meguiars Ultimate Wax in the past and it seemed nice. I did recently switch and added a sealant to my mustang.
    I am now using a sealant called M Seal that is sold by Chemical Guys and protects up to 6 months. I also added another layer of protection of a carnuba wax called butter wet wax.
    This butter wet wax I got from Chemical Guys as well and its really great stuff. It protects up to 3 months and goes on like butter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails best wAX OR SEALANT-1428109769490-jpg   best wAX OR SEALANT-1428109787304-jpg   best wAX OR SEALANT-1428109814969-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

What does an apple taste like?

How do you know if you and I see the same thing when we see the color red?

"Best" is like that to me.... SUBJECTIVE

There can be no 'best' wax because each of us place differing value in its varied attributes and what I have found is that the weighting we assign to each attribute may change from detail to detail.

When deciding what LSP to put on a vehicle, I think about the following sort of things:

-availability (a reality for us in South Africa [and I am sure many other places too])
    -protective ability
    -durability
    -prep requirements
    -ease of application
    -setting up time
    -ease of removal
    -curing time
    -cost per application
    -looks
    -other product compatibility
    -car type (daily driver / show car etc)
    -car color
    -customer
    -weather

Change any on of the above and your choice of LSP may change with it.

I am not a waxaholic by any means, so my exploits into LSP's has been somewhat limited, but these are a few of MY favorites that I use depending on the above.

Chemical Guys Pete's 53
    Collinite 845
    Collinite 915 (arrived 2 days ago so will try it today but have no doubt it will live up to its hype)
    Gyeon Wetcoat
    Menzerna Powerlock
    Optimum Optiseal
    Soft 99 Fusso Dark Coat

Post Thanks / Like

Currently I am still using the Klasse Twins coz it aint finish yet. Up next, is what I have been waiting for to use the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0. And ofcourse Collinite #845 always will be there due to ease of use and the amount of product needed is mind boggling small. Planning on trying out the DP mad wax as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: best wAX OR SEALANT

Recently had the pleasure of using the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0. What a great product, wipe on, wipe off as Mr. Miyagi says. Truly easy to use and great protection. One other
    nice feature, is that I use to get dust off the car every 2 to 3 days. Now the dust just doesn't seem to stick.

Post Thanks / Like

Buyem all usem all LOL
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast