autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which coating will fill the Opti-Coat 2.0 void?

from my research it is much cheaper if you coated a vehicle twice with opticoat 2.0 and let it sit for 30 days versus....coating with opt pro. downside is the wait time for full cure

Post Thanks / Like

on a side note, if you have the cash and don't care..... look at
    bc-05 advanced glass coating

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lionshark View Post
    on a side note, if you have the cash and don't care..... look at
    bc-05 advanced glass coating
    Only if you top it with Zymol Royal Glaze

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by af90 View Post
    Only if you top it with Zymol Royal Glaze
    lol....exactly

Post Thanks / Like

im having a problem with opt as well. tried to get there pro version but at $300 minimum buy a month....i'm looking at cquartz finest...which apparently isn't branching to my area yet.....so I'm screwed...might do the cquartz uk/black label coating thing for a while until i can get some real stuff. actually kinda pissed considering i'm actually a legit detailing business.....and I can't get my hands on the best coatings without paying 1000's......facepalm...seriously...
    I get your point that it's expensive, but if you're selling it, than your really making more money with the pro version compared to 2.0. I was on the fence just like you, and took the plunge with OPT. I figured worst case scenario, I do it for a few months, stock up on a bunch of my products (the $300 can be any Optimum products, not just Opticoat) and if no one bites, I've got a few tubes of the pro stuff to sell after I'm no longer an authorized dealer, or put them on my own cars. There's not a huge risk involved with giving it a shot.

Just my .02
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

considering the cost of opt's pro coating which is hundreds....thus hundreds for the customer. one application is very expensive. now for cquartz.....not as expensive but still kinda pricey .....at least you get 2 coatings (2-3 microns).
    Are you saying you get a coating 2-3 microns thick on two vehicles with CQuartz Pro version?

How many cc's are in a bottle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Surprised they are still making the claim of permanence, but won't back it up with a warranty anymore
    This is such a specious argument. Warranties never last the lifetime of the product. If a car has a 4 yr/50,000 mile warranty I should only expect it to last for 4 years? Or only 50,000 miles? I just bought a battery that had a 3 year warranty, and it was an expensive one, should I only expect it to last 3 years?

The computer I'm typing on only came with a one year warranty, but yet somehow, here I am 3.5 years later, and it's still working.

It's likely that Dr. G, who is first a chemist and maybe 6th a warranty lawyer, was naïve how complicated it was going to be down the road to offer a lifetime warranty. I mean someone might come back in 30 years with a 2013 Suburban that's worth $2 and demand to have it repainted because there's a lifetime warranty on the coating. It's also been pointed out that the warranty had/has enough weasel words in it that it's unlikely anyone is ever going to be able to make a claim anyway.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    This is such a specious argument. Warranties never last the lifetime of the product. If a car has a 4 yr/50,000 mile warranty I should only expect it to last for 4 years? Or only 50,000 miles? I just bought a battery that had a 3 year warranty, and it was an expensive one, should I only expect it to last 3 years?

The computer I'm typing on only came with a one year warranty, but yet somehow, here I am 3.5 years later, and it's still working.

It's likely that Dr. G, who is first a chemist and maybe 6th a warranty lawyer, was naïve how complicated it was going to be down the road to offer a lifetime warranty. I mean someone might come back in 30 years with a 2013 Suburban that's worth $2 and demand to have it repainted because there's a lifetime warranty on the coating. It's also been pointed out that the warranty had/has enough weasel words in it that it's unlikely anyone is ever going to be able to make a claim anyway.
    I don't understand why you would ask if you should expect something to last at least as long as the manufacturer warranties it for...the answer is YES!

The car in your example is warrantied against manufacturers defects for 4 years OR 50,000 miles

Your computer is warranties for a year. You have purchased a computer and the piece of mind that if it fails during the warranty period, it will be repaired or replaced. You probably could have purchased a used computer for significantly less, but it wouldn't have the 1 year warranty

Warranties are a Marketing tool that helps ease Buyers Remorse. If it turns out to be junk...they will replace it.

OPT used the lifetime warranty on OCP to sell more product at a higher price

If I bought mud flaps that had a lifetime warranty for a 2013 Suburban, I would expect that they would last until the final mile that truck was in use

Large companies have actuaries who do in-depth analysis of ROI when offering a warranty. Maybe, OPT didn't do that and the warranty costs proved unmanageable, maybe someone sued them for deceptive marketing practices, maybe, lots of maybes

To paraphrase Mike Phillips, Words mean things, choose them carefully

Lifetime is Lifetime

Post Thanks / Like

You are putting words in my mouth, of course I expect a product to last for the entire warranty period, in fact I expect it to last much longer than the warranty period.

Out in the real world, lifetime warranties are pretty hard to manage. As you noted, by offering a 5 year warranty a customer has a pretty good expectation that the coating will last for 5-10 years, which is easily as long as most new car owners will keep their car.

I get a kick out of how you think you are the only one on the forum who has ever thought about or understands how warranties are marketed, sold, satisfied, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Are you saying you get a coating 2-3 microns thick on two vehicles with CQuartz Pro version?

How many cc's are in a bottle?
    CQF is sold in kits with a 50ml bottle, applicator, several 4" suede applicator cloths, a large suede cloth, CQF door stickers w/ serial #'s, CarPro warranty card, and a couple CQ window stickers.

Typically the entire 50ml bottle will be used on one vehicle to ensure the thickest coating possible. This allows total coverage of 2 coats for all painted surfaces.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast