autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 Carpro Reload

I'm glad this post appeared. I don't have any issues with application of Reload. My question is....besides Eraser which seems to help in removal....what do you use as a sure fire way to get rid of a cured coating of Reload? I've looked here and at other sites and can't seem to locate a good answer. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I am having IDENTICAL problems with the new 2014 Reload. I spoke to Carpro USA about the problem to notify them.

Just when I got the old formula under control by diluting it 1:1, the new 2014 formula comes out and i'm back to square 1 with the same issues.

Just like described, a very very thin oily haze remains on the paint and does not buff in or off. Look with the swirl finder and when rubbing your finger over the finish it leaves smear marks. I basically could have written your post and fooled myself that this was my thread.

I did go about diluting it 1:1 (2014 formula) but it didnt help at all. Most people with lighter colored cars will likely not notice this. But we have a flat black (as in non-metallic) hotrod and the oily residue sticks out bigtime. its basically my test vehicle for all new products as the paint is 100% swirl free , flat black and super soft and finicky to the point that eraser or IPA will etch the surface if sprayed on (instead of sprayed on towel and wiped in).

I did go about testing reload on our silver car as I know the hotrod is an exception but the residue is there also and wont wipe off cleanly even diluted 1:1.

Microfiber Mandess towels which usually help pulling residue of any product didnt resolve it either. they just push the oily haze around in circles.

I tried to eliminate any mistakes on my end and I got nowhere. The good thing is that I notified Carpro and hopefully they look into it. It would also help if others notified them as well. I'm sure they will figure it out quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad someone is having the same problem as i am.... I was starting to think my PAINT is not compatiable with the Reload or something.....

@Above, where did you purchase ur bottle of Reload?

Post Thanks / Like

I've had this problem many times. Diluting 2014 Reload helped, but really using it sparingly helped the most. I also felt like even then I still had to buff a lot with short nap MF to remove the excess.

I also have experienced this with 22PLE Top Coat, but I got that under control with volume reduction.

Never had this issue with Gtechniq C1.5.

Sent via mobile device.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

How many spray do u use?
    I was told that i am not using ENOUGH....

I divided my hood into 3's
    Each 1 gets 1 spray. So 3 spray for the entire hood.

If i dont hold the light to the paint, it looks nice and flawless, but as soon as u shine at it. It is a nightmare, i didnt want to leave that oily residue on my paint, as i am afraid it will cure like that i needs to be polished off...

Post Thanks / Like

I use about 2 sprays (OEM sprayer) per hood and 1 spray per panel in general. There's a point when the MF has a nice layer of Reload on it and sometimes I don't spray the panel at all. I'm not sure if that is good or bad, but I can tell it's coated since 22PLE is a little grabby and after Reload is on there, it is very slick.

Sent via mobile device.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

I dont like the Carpro white/clear sprayer.... I use it along with the ones i have from Adams, as it lays a more finer mist.

I have CQUK as my coating.... and i HAD A HELL OF A TIME applying that, thats why i am so concerned with Reload, as i do not want to repolish my entire car because of the oily smudges.

Reload isnt cheap either =(
    I thought it would be a nice topping for CQUK as they are like the twins from Carpro

Post Thanks / Like

Evolutiondetail,First make sure you shake well the bottle!
    try spray on the surface much more! at least 10 squirts, even more !! per panel,when spraying too little it can dry fast and haze. when surface is more wet , use 1 thin mf for wiping on spreading the Reload same side face mf all over, once finished , use another new MF to wipe it off, buff it well until cleared surface , see again how we did in our video , black paint as well :

New Reload 2014 - YouTube

any more help pls ask ,
    Avi

Post Thanks / Like

I shook it like a madman yesterday before applying.
    10 Squirts??!?!? That seems like ALOT....

But during inital testing you guys had before releasing this Formula, did u experience what i have been describing at all?

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same reaction regarding the amount of product used after watching the video. Do you recommended that much every time Avi? Even after a coating with Cquartz UK?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast