autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

New car questions

So my wife got a new car. An acura MDX, which she loves. She typically keeps her cars for a good 5 years so I would like to keep it looking good from the start.

Specifics
    Black leather interior
    Light silver paint

Questions

I was going to give Collinite 845 a try to get a good protective coat on the vehicle. She parks outside at work in the Texas heat and Collinite seems to offer a good level of protection based upon my research. Any other suggestions, or do you agree?

With the black leather interior, I would like to protect it as much as possible and keep it looking new. What's a good leather protectant that you all would suggest?

The vehicle has some black, vinyl trim at bottom of the vehicle as well as the rear bumper. What is a good protectant to keep the outside vinyl trim sealed and looking good for a long time? I've used aerospace 404 and it seems to work well on the interior, but some have suggested it washes away on exterior surfaces. Thoughts?

What is your favorite wheel sealant? Or should I just use BFWD, which I already have some of?

Looking for a good super shiny water based tire dressing that doesn't sling. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New car questions

Quote Originally Posted by Sommy View Post
    So my wife got a new car. An acura MDX, which she loves. She typically keeps her cars for a good 5 years so I would like to keep it looking good from the start.

Specifics
    Black leather interior
    Light silver paint

Questions

I was going to give Collinite 845 a try to get a good protective coat on the vehicle. She parks outside at work in the Texas heat and Collinite seems to offer a good level of protection based upon my research. Any other suggestions, or do you agree?Good choice.

With the black leather interior, I would like to protect it as much as possible and keep it looking new. What's a good leather protectant that you all would suggest?Tint your windows.

The vehicle has some black, vinyl trim at bottom of the vehicle as well as the rear bumper. What is a good protectant to keep the outside vinyl trim sealed and looking good for a long time? I've used aerospace 404 and it seems to work well on the interior, but some have suggested it washes away on exterior surfaces. Thoughts?Ultima Tire and Trim Guard or Car Pro Dlux.

What is your favorite wheel sealant? Or should I just use BFWD, which I already have some of? Blackfire Metal Sealant.

Looking for a good super shiny water based tire dressing that doesn't sling. Any suggestions?If you want super shiny tires, you will need a solvent based dressing. Some water based dressings may look shiny, buy it won't last but a few days.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Specifics
    Black leather interior
    Light silver paint

Questions

I was going to give Collinite 845 a try to get a good protective coat on the vehicle. She parks outside at work in the Texas heat and Collinite seems to offer a good level of protection based upon my research. Any other suggestions, or do you agree? No experience with Collinite. I like Wolfgang DGPS or Fuzion.

With the black leather interior, I would like to protect it as much as possible and keep it looking new. What's a good leather protectant that you all would suggest? Tint windows. Look into LeatherMaster protectant

The vehicle has some black, vinyl trim at bottom of the vehicle as well as the rear bumper. What is a good protectant to keep the outside vinyl trim sealed and looking good for a long time? I've used aerospace 404 and it seems to work well on the interior, but some have suggested it washes away on exterior surfaces. Thoughts? Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant

What is your favorite wheel sealant? Or should I just use BFWD, which I already have some of? I never bother with wheels other than regular thorough cleaning.

Looking for a good super shiny water based tire dressing that doesn't sling. Any suggestions? I don't like the look of shiny tires - looks too much like cheap used car lot! I have used Meguiars # 40 for many years. Love the look, love the smell, love the ease of application, love the lack of sling.

Thanks in advance.

See above

Post Thanks / Like

Specifics
    Black leather interior
    Light silver paint

Questions

I was going to give Collinite 845 a try to get a good protective coat on the vehicle. She parks outside at work in the Texas heat and Collinite seems to offer a good level of protection based upon my research. Any other suggestions, or do you agree?

With the black leather interior, I would like to protect it as much as possible and keep it looking new. What's a good leather protectant that you all would suggest?

The vehicle has some black, vinyl trim at bottom of the vehicle as well as the rear bumper. What is a good protectant to keep the outside vinyl trim sealed and looking good for a long time? I've used aerospace 404 and it seems to work well on the interior, but some have suggested it washes away on exterior surfaces. Thoughts?

What is your favorite wheel sealant? Or should I just use BFWD, which I already have some of?

Looking for a good super shiny water based tire dressing that doesn't sling. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

845 gives a good protection thought to get the ultimate protection in a sense look into paint coatings like Detailers paint coating or CarPro Cquartz UK for the trim carpro Dlux, leather protection look into leather master with the dye transfer remover, for wheel sealant I uses any sealant I have on hand, and water based dressing carpro pearl plus it can be diluted and used on almost every part of a vehicle