autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite coating and how much to charge

I was wondering what is your favorite coating and why? Also, how much do you guys charge your customers for this extra service? I'd like to offer it for people but have never applied a coating yet and woudnt know what to charge. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite coating and how much to charge

I applied 22ple VX1 Pro, 1st ever coating I used and easy!! As far as price I have not sold yet, but prob $200-250 just for the coating.

Only thing I'm concerned about is if I sell this, I would be eliminating the need for them to call me in 4-6 months

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNDSMtuner96 View Post
    I was wondering what is your favorite coating and why? Also, how much do you guys charge your customers for this extra service? I'd like to offer it for people but have never applied a coating yet and woudnt know what to charge. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online
    -Some Coatings' manufacturers have a recommended minimum amount that must be charged for an application of their Coating.

-And this doesn't include any of the charges a detailer will have for compounding/polishing steps prior to the Coating's application.

Gets to be a rather costly upsell to some Customers.
    {Recently I've seen figures even in the $250-400+ range...and this is just to apply the Coating!!;
    $800-1400+ range for paint-correction and Coating!!!! }

So:
    Even if you don't get a call from the Coating-Customers in 4-6 months...you made a pretty penny up front. That seems to be the rational.

Now:
    Folks may disagree with my above pricing-assessment, saying these (IMHO) exorbitant figures are for Professional Detailers to charge Customers...some even offering a warranty:
    A warranty that's only valid if the Customer brings the Coated vehicle back for maintenance/inspection on a regularly scheduled basis.

I say: So What!!
    -If a Coating-layperson ("non-Professional" detailer) can apply Coatings, then they, too, deserve their fair share of the Coating-pie.

It's time to:
    -Let the quest for all of the Customers willing and able to part with a: Fist Full of Dollars...begin.

And...No...not the Gentlemen's Club fist-full-of-dollar Customers. They get Coated in an entirely different fashion, or so I've heard.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Super Member Corey@OptimalDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just this evening I quoted a customer for a paint correction and coating application on a certain European vehicle. I didn't up charge as much as I have seen on here, but I'm making it worth my time. I'm also just getting into turning this hobby into a business and wanted to see how well I could convince this customer how superior coatings are. It worked, IMO, and we set a date. Could I have charged more? Of course, but I'm leaps and bounds away from some guys on here that are able to charge that "pretty penny".