autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Glass sealant

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glass sealant

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSP View Post
    It is good on its own as Opti Seal is rarely mentioned and underrated.

I use this on my parents' daily drive, and I just top up every 4 months. Although it is not quite necessary on certain areas.
    are you talking about paint or glass? if you used it on paint how long does it usually last?

Detailing- my stress reliever

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
    are you talking about paint or glass? if you used it on paint how long does it usually last?
    4 months is on paint, and depending on how often you use your wiper it can be about the same for front windscreen.

Side windows and rear without wiper, I can get double of the duration.

Post Thanks / Like

Do any of these glass coatings help shed the salt spray from the road?

I have two hatchbacks and one SUV in the family fleet. The blunt rear end on those vehicles sucks the spray back onto the rear window and makes visibility beyond the little path made by the rear wiper difficult. Because the spray is so fine and dries almost on contact I doubt it will keep the window totally clear, but anything that make it harder for that stuff to stick to the glass would be helpful.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Hi.

I've read the entire topic and found any mention to Pinnacle Black Label Surface and Glass Coating... (sorry if I misread someone).

They are wonderful on glass and application is fast, but needs good preparation of surface. Durability is estimated to be far more than 1 year, I've applied on many windshields with any complaint, just easy and good results.

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Coating

It's about $1,xx an application on regular price which I consider good for high end service, if you get 15, 20 or even 25% sale you can't beat the cost/benefit of this product.

Just another option for you to consider.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been a Rain-X user for many years. Nothing beats it fresh, but it's fresh for about 36 hours, which counts for 18 in Hawaii.

I tried JetSeal 109 but it was so awful on glass that I chemically stripped it after a week because I couldn't deal with the haze and complete lack of hydrophobia. Works great on paint, though.

I found this at a kiosk in the mall (go ahead, laugh at me). I waited a few months before I bought anything from him, because I'm skeptical like that, but when I asked him what to do about windshields, since I'm not happy about Rain-X's ridiculous lack of endurance, he showed me this stuff:

The box was beat up, but he said his wife brought home a suitcase full last time she was in Japan.

I've only had it on for a week but it still works, which is amazing compared to Rain-X. Like, beautiful sheeting. The guy at the kiosk says it seems to last years, but we'll see. The bottle above cost me $15 and should be enough to treat at least 20 cars. I have no idea how to buy more so this probably doesn't help you at all, but wanted to share anyways, since I've never seen anything work so well, even after just a week.

Cheers,
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TorqueKing View Post
    I've been a Rain-X user for many years. Nothing beats it fresh, but it's fresh for about 36 hours, which counts for 18 in Hawaii.

I tried JetSeal 109 but it was so awful on glass that I chemically stripped it after a week because I couldn't deal with the haze and complete lack of hydrophobia. Works great on paint, though.

I found this at a kiosk in the mall (go ahead, laugh at me). I waited a few months before I bought anything from him, because I'm skeptical like that, but when I asked him what to do about windshields, since I'm not happy about Rain-X's ridiculous lack of endurance, he showed me this stuff:

The box was beat up, but he said his wife brought home a suitcase full last time she was in Japan.

I've only had it on for a week but it still works, which is amazing compared to Rain-X. Like, beautiful sheeting. The guy at the kiosk says it seems to last years, but we'll see. The bottle above cost me $15 and should be enough to treat at least 20 cars. I have no idea how to buy more so this probably doesn't help you at all, but wanted to share anyways, since I've never seen anything work so well, even after just a week.

Cheers,
    John
    I have this exact same one from Japan and have used it several times.

To last years?? Hmm.. I applied on my windscreen that was well prepped with glass polish and IPA lasted about a month before I need to reapply again.

But definitely lasts longer than rain-x

What I really like is the built-in applicator pad:

Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Paint Sealant works very well on glass and good durability.
    You could seal many windshields with one bottle.
    Leaves no streaks, I find it to be a good option when your wanting to save money but still get good results.

It was the first ever "paint sealer" I tried on glass , I still have half a bottle left and bought it last summer.
    Much better than Rain-X IMO
    Worth a try

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not use PBL Glass Sealant? It is EXCELLENT! Plus it's a GREAT up-sale product. I've used it on a bunch of vehicles and it's always worked great, never streaks, and water jumps off of it like a vampire from a cross.

Also, Duragloss 751 is cheap, better than Rain-X, and never streaks. Plus it can be used as a 'booster' on the Black Label glass coating.

One I've not used is the Nanoskin product. But if it's anything like the rest of the lineup from them it'll be a stellar product, and it comes in gallons!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tedhw View Post
    I have this exact same one from Japan and have used it several times.

To last years?? Hmm.. I applied on my windscreen that was well prepped with glass polish and IPA lasted about a month before I need to reapply again.

But definitely lasts longer than rain-x

What I really like is the built-in applicator pad:
    Good call- it's trending at about a month of durability. Still, this is leaps and bounds beyond Rain-X. I'm 2 weeks in since applying and noticed the sheeting effect takes more speed to show up. After I first applied it, any rain that hit at 30 MPH+ just flew away instantly. 2 weeks on, it needs 55 MPH.

Anybody that's been to Hawaii knows that the number of places you can drive more than 35 is basically limited to the 3 Interstates, and that's without traffic- total of about 7 hours without traffic per day!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345