autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

$150 Pressure Washer & Steamer in One Unit

Interesting proposition for $150

Sears.com

Was unable to locate any specifications for the steamer component and I can't ell much from the video in the link above.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: $150 Pressure Washer & Steamer in One Unit

Interesting. I wonder if we will be seeing more of these soon. I doubt it is super powerful in any of the two aspects though.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good, however the 1700 1.3GPM seems kinda weak in my opinion. I used to have a 1600psi electric and i though it was garbage.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

The pressure washer is decent but not sure how the steamer is. It doesn't give you any specs on it. I have Cleanforce 1800 electric pressure washer for 3 years works great. It 1.5 GPM you don't need more than that really.

Post Thanks / Like

No written reviews yet. Well at least it's craftsman and sears will take it back if it ever breaks. Pick it up and let us know how it works.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meticulous-Detail View Post
    No written reviews yet. Well at least it's craftsman and sears will take it back if it ever breaks. Pick it up and let us know how it works.
    Liking Craftsman right now

Just bought two blowers on clearance for <$25 total with 3 year warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

Strange, we have never seen/heard of this unit and its on clearance already.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Message header got my attention.

Just so happens I have it!

We did a job back in the spring and I needed a steamer for a REALLY nasty set of cup holders in a Lexus SUV, couldn't find one locally and ended up finding the Sears combo unit.

I don't know about that being a closeout price or not. That's all we paid for it back last March.

The PW hose is typical of low pressure electrics. It's more of a plastic hose and clumsy to fiddle with.

The steamer hose is typical of any other steamer hose. What IS a problem is that there are not any accessories that attach to the steamer. There is a metal brush and a plastic one. I've no idea what will happen when the plastic one is melted beyond recognition. More often than not we'll wrap painters tape around the nozzle (without the brush, but to keep the O-ring in place) and use it that way.

My wife used it to pull up a TON of linoleum flooring that was glued down in our basement.

Seems that the steamer holds enough water to do a couple of door jambs, a console and a few spot stains at best. Any more than that and you'll have to refill it.

I do use it for my BF foam cannon and it's quick and easy. FWIW my version of that cannon has the smaller orifice, thus the higher pressure and GPM of my 13HP Honda unit will likely blow it apart. (I'll probably be getting the larger orifice this summer to really bring the most out of the foam cannon.) This fall and winter however I've not been able to pull the darned cord to crank that beast so I figure I'm not missing what I'm not doing.

Biggest drawback to this Sears/Craftsman unit is there are a lot of things to have to keep up with and no real way to manage it all. Like the power cord is at least 25' and has a GFIC built in. Plus the already mentioned plastic (not flexible) pressure washer hose, then there is the wand end, then there are TWO different wands that attach to it. And of course all the little different spray angle/soap/zero angle nozzles.

If you want it for a work horse, this isn't your unit. If you want to do door jambs, light rinsing, light under the hood work, floor mats, and of course the low volume foam cannon, then you're good to go.

As far as the steam side, it's steam, what more is there. Let it sit and it'll cool in the hose causing it to spit when you first use it. (Which they all do.) So clear the hose then go about what you need to steam with it. Just be prepared to refill it every 16 ounces or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting that info, I was tempted to get one, but I think I will pass. There are two units at the Sears right next to me too!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post
    Thanks for posting that info, I was tempted to get one, but I think I will pass. There are two units at the Sears right next to me too!
    Don't let my reply deter you from trying it though. I honestly don't regret it. For the money.... NOTHING will touch it. Works the BF foam cannon just fine. I've done plenty of little jobs with the steamer as well. The one drawback that I REALLY DON'T LIKE is not having interchangeable brushes and attachments for the steamer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast