autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dashboard problems

This is a black lexus gx470 dash board that I clean I was using armour but then I switch to aerospace 101 I like it, it looks good the first day but after a couple the dash board just looks dry and white gray marks when I dont clean it. when you touch it with your hands you can see the oil from your hands here are some photos What should I do?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dashboard problems

Did you clean first with an APC and then dress it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jmfp View Post
    Did you clean first with an APC and then dress it?
    No I did not

Here are the photos sorry about that
    Dashboard problems-imageuploadedbyagonline1390409525-228759-jpgDashboard problems-imageuploadedbyagonline1390409532-795749-jpg

Will optimum APC be fine?
    Like my page on facebook ill like back - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brian...668?fref=photo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMcLeod View Post
    No I did not

Here are the photos sorry about that
    Dashboard problems-imageuploadedbyagonline1390409525-228759-jpgDashboard problems-imageuploadedbyagonline1390409532-795749-jpg

Will optimum APC be fine?
    Yep, looks like a spot where body oils have soaked in and is preventing the protectant from soaking in. At least on the spot near the window. The dash must have some other contaminants stopping the dressing from taking. Foot marks maybe? Optimum APC works great for interior decon! I use it a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Just get Sonax dash cleaner my go to stuff. Leaves a clean and static free surface. In ever use APC on dashes that's just me and if it's really dirty I use 1z deep plastic cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Just get Sonax dash cleaner my go to stuff. Leaves a clean and static free surface. In ever use APC on dashes that's just me and if it's really dirty I use 1z deep plastic cleaner.
    Going to have to try some of these products out that you mentioned to see how they work.

Have you ever used Meguiars #39 Professional Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner, clean vinyl, meguiars interior cleaner ?

If I recall I'm just a few years younger than you, but when I was around 16 I used to go to our local paint supply and get M39 (back then I think it was M36, but for some reason haven't been able to confirm this) to clean the vynil floor in my truck. It was the only product that I've ever used, including D103, that could actually get a farm dirty floor clean and like new again.

Since then, I've mentioned Plastic/Vynil Prep on this forum and on the Meguiar's forum and no one has been able to remember this product. I can't recall if the correct number back then was M32 or if it was M36 (I lean towards M36), but the number was changed and so was the name (someone @ Meguiar's told me this a couple years ago, but I don't recall who it was). I know this because I finally took my old bottle in to our paint supply house and he recognized the label and said it had been changed. His comments and my own experience is the only proof I have of this product...but I bought many bottles of Plastic/Vynil Prep over the years. Heck, I can't even find a picture of it online. Wish I'd have kept at least one of those old bottles as proof of what I'm saying.

Plastic/Vynil Prep, as I recall the label, was for cleaning stubbornly dirty plastic and vynil in preparation for using a dye on those substrates. It almost made the surface tacky feeling and needed to have something put on top of it...something similar to M40.

Regardless, M39 cleans just like, or at least similarly, to the old school Meguair's product I used to buy. Wish they sold it in bulk. To my knowledge M39 is not the same as D101 or D103.

I know I'm not imagining things because I used to use plenty of it, but I can't figure out why no one else recalls Plastic/Vynil Prep.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    Going to have to try some of these products out that you mentioned to see how they work.

Have you ever used Meguiars #39 Professional Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner, clean vinyl, meguiars interior cleaner ?

If I recall I'm just a few years younger than you, but when I was around 16 I used to go to our local paint supply and get M39 (back then I think it was M36, but for some reason haven't been able to confirm this) to clean the vynil floor in my truck. It was the only product that I've ever used, including D103, that could actually get a farm dirty floor clean and like new again.

Since then, I've mentioned Plastic/Vynil Prep on this forum and on the Meguiar's forum and no one has been able to remember this product. I can't recall if the correct number back then was M32 or if it was M36 (I lean towards M36), but the number was changed and so was the name (someone @ Meguiar's told me this a couple years ago, but I don't recall who it was). I know this because I finally took my old bottle in to our paint supply house and he recognized the label and said it had been changed. His comments and my own experience is the only proof I have of this product...but I bought many bottles of Plastic/Vynil Prep over the years. Heck, I can't even find a picture of it online. Wish I'd have kept at least one of those old bottles as proof of what I'm saying.

Plastic/Vynil Prep, as I recall the label, was for cleaning stubbornly dirty plastic and vynil in preparation for using a dye on those substrates. It almost made the surface tacky feeling and needed to have something put on top of it...something similar to M40.

Regardless, M39 cleans just like, or at least similarly, to the old school Meguair's product I used to buy. Wish they sold it in bulk. To my knowledge M39 is not the same as D101 or D103.

I know I'm not imagining things because I used to use plenty of it, but I can't figure out why no one else recalls Plastic/Vynil Prep.
    I have not used those's Meg's products I have used the two I posted for over 4 years. They cover everything for interior cleaning and you can use 1z deep plastic cleaner on treated leather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guy I will let y'all know how it is when I clean the dash and let it sit so is 1z dash clean clean better the optimum power clean
    Like my page on facebook ill like back - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brian...668?fref=photo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMcLeod View Post
    Thanks guy I will let y'all know how it is when I clean the dash and let it sit so is 1z dash clean clean better the optimum power clean
    I have not tried the 1Z but the Optimum will do a great job at safely cleaning the dash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I clean it with a APC and looks a lot better is there anything that will make is look dark and rich but not greasing? Here it is with aerospace 1 week after Dashboard problems-imageuploadedbyagonline1391990107-392594-jpgDashboard problems-imageuploadedbyagonline1391990119-491711-jpg
    But can't seem to get this out
    Dashboard problems-imageuploadedbyagonline1391990140-608418-jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast