autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gtechniq ?

Post Thanks / Like

Gtechniq ?

I am interested in Gtechniq's product line but find the array of products they offer confusing. I have emailed their website directly a few times but I have not received a reply.

I want to know what they best way to achieve the ultimate Gtechniq finish is. I assume it involves EXO, but should you also use Silo Seal and Crystal Lacquer? What about Liquid Crystal? If you should use more than one to achieve the best results, what order should they be applied in?

I know EXO can be applied to all vehicle surfaces including glass. But they also have a whole line of glass products. If you apply EXO to the glass of the vehicle does it make any sense to use the glass products as well, or is the EXO all you need? I have used their Wheel Armor product and have been happy with the results, but if I am applying EXO to the wheels would it make any sense to use the Wheel Armor too?

Anyone's personal experiences in application and results are appreciated. I have seen some you tube videos with some amazing beading from the application of Gtechniqs products and that is what I am after. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gtechniq ?

I have done two cars with Gtechniq C1 and 2 coast of EXO. C1 is very easy to apply just like opti-coat. EXO you have to do smaller areas than C1. If you going to apply both coatings make sure it's above 60 degrees. You need to wait between 6-8hrs until you can apply EXO. Then for EXO you have to wait between 20-30 mins between coats. This is all from GTechniq I called them to make sure about applying both coatings. You can call me if you want some help.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the replies!

So what about using the glass products and wheel Armour in conjunction with EXO?

Good idea or Overkill?

Post Thanks / Like

I am also interested in some of their products. I am wanting to try silo and C2V3 sealant. How do they compare to other sprays such as Megs D156, WG deep gloss seal spray, or blackfire polymer spray?

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some threads that I have created that deals with their products. I really like their products and all of the problems that I encountered have been fixed. Their customer service, specifically their managing director Rob, was fantastic.

2013 Porsche 911 Cabriolet coated with GTechniq C1, EXO, & EXOv2!

GTechniq Rob & Customer Service

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I am also interested in some of their products. I am wanting to try silo and C2V3 sealant. How do they compare to other sprays such as Megs D156, WG deep gloss seal spray, or blackfire polymer spray?
    C2V3 is extremely streaky (especially in high humidity) and takes a lot of patience to get clear. I wish they would bring their smart carnauba spray wax back. That stuff was great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalaCala View Post
    I have heard problems of exov2 streaking or ghosting as well. I can see why. When I applied it to my truck it did the same thing (streaked) and was hard to remove. You think you wiped it off but it's still there. Kinda like "caked" on and I constantly had to keep turning my suede mf towel and used about 3 of them. Flood lights really helped me find the spots I missed.
    And from what I'm aware of. You have to wait 3 hours after applying c1 to top it with exov2.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online
    It's 6-8 hours before you can apply EXO after C1 and thats coming from Kevin Awalt Project manger at Gtechniq.

Post Thanks / Like

so it sounds like you guys dont agree with the following statement?

"GTechniq C2v3 Liquid Crystal is known for its ease of application"

was it worth the effort once you got it right?

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone have an opinion of using the wheel Armour and glass product line in addition to EXO on glass and wheels?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by travis2375 View Post
    does anyone have an opinion of using the wheel Armour and glass product line in addition to EXO on glass and wheels?
    The wheel armour is not very good, but the glass coating is excellent!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast