autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

wizaerds mist-n-shine qd or waterless wash

hi all this is my first post here, although ive gotten a lot of help reading everyone elses posts. I live in a condo so im not readily able to wash my car as id like, ( would be once a week at least). I have to maintain the just washed waxed look between washes. for years Iv been using wizards mist-n-shine and absolutly love it. a local antique car dealership carried it, i tried it and never looked back. they moved locations and im not able to get it anymore. Ive tried mothers meguiars and everything else in stores and they just dont compare. Im not sure if its considered a qd or a waterless wash, what exactly is the difference? I wanted to know why it seems like almost no one has tried it? and to anyone who does/ have used it what other brand would be as good or better if thats possible since apparently im going to have to order my qd or ww online from now on. iv read tons of posts of everones preference, but i dont think from anyone who has used mist-n-shine. sorry for the long post and for sounding like im trying to advertise for wizards, trust me im not their shinemaster is subpar at best. anyway thanks for everyones help!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: wizaerds mist-n-shine qd or waterless wash

Quote Originally Posted by Justav6 View Post
    hi all this is my first post here, although ive gotten a lot of help reading everyone elses posts. I live in a condo so im not readily able to wash my car as id like, ( would be once a week at least). I have to maintain the just washed waxed look between washes. for years Iv been using wizards mist-n-shine and absolutly love it. a local antique car dealership carried it, i tried it and never looked back. they moved locations and im not able to get it anymore. Ive tried mothers meguiars and everything else in stores and they just dont compare. Im not sure if its considered a qd or a waterless wash, what exactly is the difference? I wanted to know why it seems like almost no one has tried it? and to anyone who does/ have used it what other brand would be as good or better if thats possible since apparently im going to have to order my qd or ww online from now on. iv read tons of posts of everones preference, but i dont think from anyone who has used mist-n-shine. sorry for the long post and for sounding like im trying to advertise for wizards, trust me im not their shinemaster is subpar at best. anyway thanks for everyones help!
    The difference between quick detailers, and waterless wash is that quick detailers are for cleaning up lite dust, and such as for waterless wash it is for slightly dirtier paintwork you can order your wizards mist-n-shine online I think Its about 50 dollars for a gallon but some other good choices would be chemical guys Ecosmart RU, and optimum no rinse wash and shine

Post Thanks / Like

...to AGO!!

I've used this detail spray before.

Even though Wizard's should have an online store...
    Why not take a stroll down the detail spray aisle here at AGO?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks james for your explanation. oddly on the bottle it sort of describes itself as both? either way in the future im glad to know the difference, although now im not sure if it should be replaced with a ww or a qd. ( :
    thanks bob. i took many a stroll down these aisles before, just not for a ww or qd. i have more polishes and waxes than i know what to do with! i bought the detailers paint coating a month ago, unfortunatly it was too late temperature wise to get to try. i know ill go down the same road and buy 20 different qd/ww and some i wont like some may be good some may be great. as someone who is familiar with it what other product would you recomend as a replacement? i dont want to go trial and error and will most likey bite the bullet and order another bottle for $10 in shipping fees, but id be open to try one other product to compare it too. I cant imagine something working better, but like i said mostly all the rest are over the counter. I seriously used it on everything in and on my car and tv's ipad and almost everything else! thanks for the advise!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

yes i did get out of control with using it, but it works so well on everything! probably why i go through it so fast. i love the antistatic effect it has which i havent seen in any other cleaner/ protectant so far. back to bob, what would you reccomend to replace or at least use in the mean time? i left out both my cars are black which i know is important in picking out any product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finish kare 425 claims to have anti-static additives. I've liked using it.

I would try contacting wizards directly to see if they can get you in touch with another local distributor.

Are you by chance in minnesota where they are based? I do know of a few distributors here.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash

great product for clients in an area with water restrictions and condo usage. It will clean up better than Fk425 and doesn't attract dust in any appreciable fashion.

Scott

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the advice everyone. thats the problem though, i now have 3 different reccomended replacements! I dont want to buy 5 different brands unless all of them were as good as wizards. they do have an online store, but shipping costs are high, im from nj. id use it much more sparingly if im spending $15.00 +an additional $8 to ship. i guess its worth buying a gallon for $60 if i had to. id like to find a similar product locally, but i have no clue what it is. it says it has no wax, petroleum, or silicone. i cant imagine what they use to get that look, feel, etc without any of those ingredients. has anyone used any of their other products? if im going to pay shipping i might as well get enough to make it worthwhile. like i said their supreme shine was poor, their wash soap was very good and mist-n-shine my feelings are obvious. makes me wonder if their other products are great or crap, cant find much in terms of reviews online, seems like almost no one knows about them. again thanks to everyone for their help, hopefully someone familliar with their products finds this and can enlighten me before i waste more money!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash

great product for clients in an area with water restrictions and condo usage. It will clean up better than Fk425 and doesn't attract dust in any appreciable fashion.
    I agree. Pinnacle as well.

Wizard's? Who? Fifty bucks a gallon? Wha? You know how much UWWW+ you can make for fifty bucks ??? Like 10 zillion gallons. It would take a Wizard to get me to buy that.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

specifically interested in their spray wax. im pretty content with polish, compounds, wheel cleaner etc from other brands. slightly off topic, but since i mentioned it before ill ask. what should i expect from the detailer's pro paint coating? i wish i was able to get it on before all this snow and salt got here. i assume it doesn't apply or cure properly in these temperatures

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast