autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: wizaerds mist-n-shine qd or waterless wash

Quote Originally Posted by websdown View Post
    All I can say is I use Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate as my wipe done after my weekend drive arounds. I first use a really wet towel to get the biggest majority of dust brake and rosd grime only the weight of the towel is used no piece of crap Calf Duster or squeegee. I have Black Camaro and after sending close to 10 hr on my paint detail wipe and clean Before putting that cover on. THESE ARE MY STEPS ALMOST EVERYONE I KNOW THINKS IT'S OVER KILl BUT REMEMBER NO SWIELS IN 2 YRS. fIRST 1 thickness of WET TOWEL 1 thickness or layer WEIGHT ONLY TIL WHEN YOU PICK IT UP NO BLACK ROAD GRIME pOLLEN or dust the towel comes up white.A wipe down with mico fiber and Ultima waterless wash Plus + concentrate. Then the over kill but what I think helps the most.I buy flannel bed sheets and Polar fleese to lay on roof hang down the side trunk/hood any paint is covered with ultra soft cloth.Then the cover gets put on NOT slid on the cover never moves on painted surface. I told a few guys at CAR Craft how bad there paint looked this year and covervrted 3 over to ULTIIMA Waterlless.Its a no brainer you can make 32-22oz bottles of UWW+ for about the same as 1 bottle of Wizards don't need to say more on that!!I only maybe saw 3-5 cars at the whole fairgrounds that were swirl free and the majority use Wizards California duster I can't believe how many drag a straight edgded squeegee acros the surface of paint . Some shows some have to come in in the rain they get ther out comes the straight edge lets drag sand and grime across paint that was kicked up by the guy you followed in.Most in my state only buy what they can get at Auto Zone O Riellys Wal mart.They don't want to read what works on these sites or don't what to buy off the net. Mosty people are just cheapor afaid to do it themselves. That's it from me. because they feel the need to use a Minnesota based product and they can get it any where not me tried it did like it on Black
    SORRY for all the bad spelling don't know how I missed ALL of that !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you, overkill is required if you own a black car and want to keep swirl free

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for there input/feedback. I will be trying a few of the waterless washes mentioned and certainly going to give black fire a try. I just Clayed my car 3 days ago and then the temp dropped below freezing. Next warm day I plan to prep and seal my paint, but in the mean time
    I want to have some protection from the elements without spending too much time applying wax I'm going to strip off in hopefully a week or 2. I have plenty of waxes on hand, but a quick spray wax would be perfect. I'm trying to justify buying wizards new spray wax if I'm honest. Like the mist n shine which I think is worth every penny (although it's a lot of pennies) I can't find a single review of their mystic spray wax. I'm probably gonna just buy it and write my own review, but I'd like to hear from someone who's tried it. Like I said the mist n shine, and wash are incredible but I was disappointed with their polish.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Black paint

I'm starting a new thread for black paint care in general. This thread I hope will sinc up all aspects of paint care, mainanence, and every aspect of getting and keeping a better than showroom look on all black vehicles!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789