autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: wizaerds mist-n-shine qd or waterless wash

My dad uses this on his black '14 Shelby and '10 cinnamon metallic Edge. There's always a cloudy, milky, hazy, streaky appearance 24-48 hours after application. Maybe he's going heavy with the product or something but I'm not a fan of this on darker colors.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazon may be the way. $48 a gallon well worth it. I just liked driving 15 minutes for a 22 oz spray bottle at $12. I'm curious about this $ 115 a liter stuff. Not enough to spend it, but that must be good stuff! Does it last longer or what? If it leaves a better shine or beads better Im curious to see a pic or 2. $115 is more than I spent on the detailers prep sealant and pads, and they claim to last 1-2 years! I'll believe it when I see it, but I figured it was worth a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justav6 View Post
    Amazon may be the way. $48 a gallon well worth it. I just liked driving 15 minutes for a 22 oz spray bottle at $12. I'm curious about this $ 115 a liter stuff. Not enough to spend it, but that must be good stuff! Does it last longer or what? If it leaves a better shine or beads better Im curious to see a pic or 2. $115 is more than I spent on the detailers prep sealant and pads, and they claim to last 1-2 years! I'll believe it when I see it, but I figured it was worth a try.
    Yup 48 on Amazon is what I pay. You can get it for half that if you order enough from Wizards directly. Look around the Internet about Swissvax Nano QD
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pm me for more details i like buying it by the bottle as needed, but for that price I'll buy a gallon or so. Like I said I use it on my tvs iPad and whatever else I want shiny and protected. I dont get how anyone is having streaking issues. Every car but 1 I've ever owned has been black and I've never had an issue. The only time I can think of was when I used meguiars qd in 30 degree weather before a snowstorm. Long story. But aside from that Iv never had an issue with streaking be it wizards or not. Wish I could help, but never had that happen so I can't give much advise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TundraPower View Post
    Very hard to beat Wizards Mist & Shine. As I said earlier in the thread, I don't care for all of their products, but this one is a winner. Swissvax Nano Express is better, but at $115 per liter, it's not that much better

I guess we all have our opinions... I have the Swissvax Nano Express and do not like it much at any price.

Post Thanks / Like

anyone remember Clearkotes Quickshine ... I seem to remember it being similar to Wizards spray (looks, and beading). I found Wizards at Gander Mountain in West Palm by mistake a couple years ago while building my handgun collection.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

So I tried out the wizards this morning, wow some good stuff, definitely adds gloss to my black mustang...anti-static/dusting properties however, ehh but thats a given with black period!

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is I use Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate as my wipe done after my weekend drive arounds. I first use a really wet towel to get the biggest majority of dust brake and rosd grime only the weight of the towel is used no piece of crap Calf Duster or squeegee. I have Black Camaro and after sending close to 10 hr on my paint detail wipe and clean Before putting that cover on. THESE ARE MY STEPS ALMOST EVERYONE I KNOW THINKS IT'S OVER KILl BUT REMEMBER NO SWIELS IN 2 YRS. fIRST 1 thickness of WET TOWEL 1 thickness or layer WEIGHT ONLY TIL WHEN YOU PICK IT UP NO BLACK ROAD GRIME pOLLEN or dust the towel comes up white.A wipe down with mico fiber and Ultima waterless wash Plus + concentrate. Then the over kill but what I think helps the most.I buy flannel bed sheets and Polar fleese to lay on roof hang down the side trunk/hood any paint is covered with ultra soft cloth.Then the cover gets put on NOT slid on the cover never moves on painted surface. I told a few guys at CAR Craft how bad there paint looked this year and covervrted 3 over to ULTIIMA Waterlless.Its a no brainer you can make 32-22oz bottles of UWW+ for about the same as 1 bottle of Wizards don't need to say more on that!!I only maybe saw 3-5 cars at the whole fairgrounds that were swirl free and the majority use Wizards California duster I can't believe how many drag a straight edgded squeegee acros the surface of paint . Some shows some have to come in in the rain they get ther out comes the straight edge lets drag sand and grime across paint that was kicked up by the guy you followed in.Most in my state only buy what they can get at Auto Zone O Riellys Wal mart.They don't want to read what works on these sites or don't what to buy off the net. Mosty people are just cheapor afaid to do it themselves. That's it from me. because they feel the need to use a Minnesota based product and they can get it any where not me tried it did like it on Black
    Last edited by websdown; 01-18-2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn for a show car I'd spend $115 a liter and I hope your kidding about the squeegee! My baby is gone now (87 Buick gn), I'm just keeping a nice finish on my dd now and $48 a gallon or $12 for a 22oz is well worth it for my wizards. Why does everyone have access to this stuff around the corner except me!?! I need my fix! Someone send me a bottle! One more bottle and ill quit for good. I miss my mist-n-shine!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justav6 View Post
    Damn for a show car I'd spend $115 a liter and I hope your kidding about the squeegee! My baby is gone now (87 Buick gn), I'm just keeping a nice finish on my dd now and $48 a gallon or $12 for a 22oz is well worth it for my wizards. Why does everyone have access to this stuff around the corner except me!?! I need my fix! Someone send me a bottle! One more bottle and ill quit for good. I miss my mist-n-shine!
    Are you using any kind of sealant or wax? I like the effects Wizards with BF BlackICE. See how it looks after a day...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast