autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: wizaerds mist-n-shine qd or waterless wash

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    My local paint supply carries many Wizards products. Their compound and polish is about the same price as 3M products at this store. I haven't tried any of it. I do have a bottle of their sealant, but it's been sitting around.
    My paint supply does too. Don't quote me on this, but I think their compounds and polishes are meant to be used with a rotary like Presta products. Try the sealant sometime and see what you think. If you ever go to car shows like the World of Wheels, Wizards always has a massive display.
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks! i never thought of a harley place, i have 2 local ill have to check them out. i saw that mist-n-shine for motorcycles on wizards web site but wasnt sure if it's the same as their regular mist-n-shine, i assume it is. I'm glad you got a bottle, now you can let me know how it compares to all the others you have. Let me know what you think after you try it. If there is a better spray out there I'd try it out for sure, id still like to always keep some wizards on hand! the bubble gum smell is an added bonus!
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/.../dblthumb2.gif

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justav6 View Post
    i saw that mist-n-shine for motorcycles on wizards web site but wasnt sure if it's the same as their regular mist-n-shine, i assume it is.
    No, the motorcycle Mist & Shine is not the same as the regular Mist & Shine.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I figured they were the same. I agree $15 for 22oz is pricy. I suppose I could use it when I know the weather will be nice for a while and try something cheaper for quick day to day use and as a clay lubricant.

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing about it, it says it has surfactants in it. I'm not sure if it's the same as the car one or not. It says it can be used on paint, glass, etc... And leaves a shine. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to use this stuff, but I'm sure I'll be comparing it to IUDJ, Pinnacle & Adams waterless, UWW+, OptiClean, and a few others.

I only will really use a waterless wash as a stand alone product if the car was just washed and it has light dust. Since I'm in the living in the middle of Snow-Salt-Rain USA, it may be a while until I have a chance to try it out.

They also had some other WW/QD line at the Harley Store I never heard of. I think it was called "Ace It" or something like that.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly what I was hoping for! You seem to have quite the arsenal of qd/ww sprays and sound knowledgable, I am very eager to hear your thoughts on how it stacks up against your other sprays. Tundra says they are the same, so I'm taking his word for it. I'm having similar issues with weather. I'm sure your going to wash the salt and junk off your car, I always do a quick spray and wipe after a wash as a finishing touch.it adds some decent gloss and the anti static is nice, dust just blows off. Definatly keep me posted

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justav6 View Post
    That's exactly what I was hoping for! You seem to have quite the arsenal of qd/ww sprays and sound knowledgable, I am very eager to hear your thoughts on how it stacks up against your other sprays. Tundra says they are the same, so I'm taking his word for it. I'm having similar issues with weather. I'm sure your going to wash the salt and junk off your car, I always do a quick spray and wipe after a wash as a finishing touch.it adds some decent gloss and the anti static is nice, dust just blows off. Definatly keep me posted
    I will do a review of it - but not here, likely on Autopia or L2D. I don't think AG would appreciate hearing my thoughts on Wizard's products. For a waterless wash, it may be the most expensive one you can buy ounce per ounce - or it's right up there. It's so costly (here), I couldn't see it being a viable alternative for me as a waterless product.

However, it may be great to use as a QD type product, since it says it adds gloss and slickness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I will do a review of it - but not here, likely on Autopia or L2D. I don't think AG would appreciate hearing my thoughts on Wizard's products. For a waterless wash, it may be the most expensive one you can buy ounce per ounce - or it's right up there. It's so costly (here), I couldn't see it being a viable alternative for me as a waterless product. However, it may be great to use as a QD type product, since it says it adds gloss and slickness.
    It adds massive gloss and slickness. A very forgiving product. A drunk airline pilot could use it. I give a bottle of it to all of my clients that get paint correction and LSP. If AG cannot tolerate reviews on products they do not sell --- well I guess that's their loss.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I appolagise if I wasn't supposed to discuss products they don't sell. Honestly when I signed up I don't recall reading that being a no no, I may have just clicked agree without reading. Wouldnt be the first time. I joined autopia a few weeks ago, the other site Iv never heard of.please send me a link to wherever you decide to post your review. I can't see them midi g though, Iv bought plenty of items from this place! Whatever the case pm me a link if you could.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, so I tried the Wizards stuff today. Yes, it's excellent. It's a very good QD and leaves the paint glassy and bright. Likely one of the top QDs I've used. It's very slick as well. So, for that use it's worth the $$$.

But, I can't see using it as a waterless wash or to wipe any dirt off my car. Of course, I don't wipe any real dirt off my car with waterless washes anyway. I just can't see using it in the volume I would need to spray to use it as a waterless wash. To wipe off light dust it would be great.

It sort of reminds me of CG's V7. Not aesthetically, but by how easy it use to use. A very nice product for sure. The smell is a tad off putting to me, but no big deal there.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast