autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WHAT exactly is CG Blacklight?

It's a dust catcher in my garage since it sits on the shelf without being used. I have tried it a couple of times and I just don't see why it used to get all the hype, or V7 for that matter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RFulmer View Post
    It's a dust catcher in my garage since it sits on the shelf without being used. I have tried it a couple of times and I just don't see why it used to get all the hype, or V7 for that matter.
    Every CG product is better than the last. I have some reaaaaally old stuff. Lol quick detail stuff that smells like wheel acid.. Really weird, streaky.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Blacklight and I think its a good product, so overall I think the problem is not the product itself but the way Chemical Guys hype it up. I agree with others who have said it works great as a "show" type sealant and if it were presented that way more people would be happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    If they sold it as BL Glaze is would be a good product. But it's not - it's sold as a glaze/sealant. However, I'm convinced Black Hole by Poor Boys is SIGNIFICANTLY superior as a glaze. So is Amigo by Prima. While BL is fairly easy to use - the other 2 are actually easier. Since the abrasives in it aren't really described, who knows if it has any bite to remove your old LSP? Then, some say it leaves marring on soft paint

I think if your looking for a paint cleaner / glaze - go with Amigo. If your looking just for a glaze- get Black Hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    I use it like an AIO. Gives a nice look. I usually top it with a wax like CG 50/50
    Good points.
    I think it is an AIO, very similar to Tripple by AF. (Does work best on black). Very much like Tripple- can produce great looks, acting as a glaze and enhancing color, but you'd better top it with a decent paste wax or bye bye baby

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Blacklight on numerous detais and I love it. I use it kind of like an AIO and then top it with a good wax. It always looks gerat. It is actually one of my go to detailing products. I buy it by the gallon and have never had anyone complain about it ever. I have nothing but praise for CG's for the product. I've tried nemerous products that I don't like as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Just seen the video on youtube, "Detailing Flow Chart", from CG. He mentioned that, Blacklight is AIO.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally i use it like a glaze. I used black light and topped it off with xxx. As for the black light i really couldnt tell if it did anything. It wasnt like night and day difference from the other products i use. I will say this though it smells SO F****** good you will want to eat your car. It smells like a flintstone push pop ice cream. I love it for that reason and i never thought id like a product just because of how it smells. I want to bathe in it! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brondondolon View Post
    Personally i use it like a glaze. I used black light and topped it off with xxx. As for the black light i really couldnt tell if it did anything. It wasnt like night and day difference from the other products i use. I will say this though it smells SO F****** good you will want to eat your car. It smells like a flintstone push pop ice cream. I love it for that reason and i never thought id like a product just because of how it smells. I want to bathe in it! lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123