autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the jury is still out and will be for some time about durability of paint coatings, they're relatively new, atleast BLPC and DPPC anyways. I applied 2x's DPPC to my car about a month ago but applied it ontop of a coat BFCS "just to see how it would it would do, so far, so good but its very early and I went outside the norm on this one.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: paint coating hype

Quote Originally Posted by wildwilly1 View Post
    so I probably would be better off doing a good paint correction then putting a couple coats of a very durable wax like collinite 476 and then waiting till spring for the coating correct
    I'm just a member here, with probably little to no credibility. But I've used Colly 476 for better than 20 years.

Whatever you do, whether you choose to use it alone, or as a topper, or whatever. I believe it's a product you cannot go wrong with in any form, or use.

It's durable, it seems "healthy" for paint, it can "tide you over" for a good many months until you choose to try something else if you wish.

Or, with periodic use, this product alone I believe can maintain a paint finish under the harshest conditions for many many years on end.

That I do have firsthand proof of.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Critic View Post
    How are you sure that protection is still being provided?

From my experience, paint that is stripped and contamination free will bead fairly well too...
    There may be a way to tell with ULW. After about 24 hours of applying it the paint has a hard candy coat appearance (think MMs) that some like, some do not. That appearance is still there, so hopefully so is the ULW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I'm just a member here, with probably little to no credibility. But I've used Colly 476 for better than 20 years.

Whatever you do, whether you choose to use it alone, or as a topper, or whatever. I believe it's a product you cannot go wrong with in any form, or use.

It's durable, it seems "healthy" for paint, it can "tide you over" for a good many months until you choose to try something else if you wish.

Or, with periodic use, this product alone I believe can maintain a paint finish under the harshest conditions for many many years on end.

That I do have firsthand proof of.
    Mark
    Mark your always giving good advice
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evan.J View Post
    Mark your always giving good advice
    I really do try!

And I feel with the absence of such highly respected members here like Bobby G, and others, I only hope-wish I can pick up some slack, when he, or other helpful members here are absent-mia.

As for our good friend Bobby G, I hope he was in the Klondike, and hit the mother lode! (Gold!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark, the way you made the case for #476 gives you credibility in spades!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wildwilly1 View Post
    not understanding all the hype on the paint coatings anybrand. they all tell you to mist it on a very miniscule amount is needed for protection just not buying it help convince me any long term reviews anything on these over the long haul science of it all may be there but I need proof .
    Take a look at Post #34 in this thread--4.5 year old OptiCoat applied properly--
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...tml#post995230

Post Thanks / Like

Wondering how difficult it is to remove any of these coatings?

Post Thanks / Like
    WildWilly, take the plunge, you'll NOT regret it! See what's on sale tomorrow, maybe Black Label paint coating or maybe Detailers Pro or maybe Opti-Coat, bet one of them is!

As far as how to apply, directions are very easy, prep is key (although I've applied my 2 coats ontop of BFCS and its working) and it doesn't take long at all, even doing 2 coats. I've got a Honda CR-Z and I used 3 sprays per section, I.e. half the hood, fenders and top and probably 4-5 on the doors, to ensure complete and even coverage. There are many here to help you along the process, trust me.

Post Thanks / Like

I do like to wax a lot, it's therapeutical benefits are very underestimated by science hehe...

However, working so many hours/days on a project to achieve the ~perfect finish awakens our sense for searching the most 'durable' and consistent protection, as much if as possible.

I'm really supporting the 'coating hype' marketing strategy, Car Wax has Changed.

In fact, wax was 'dividing' the market with paint sealants (synthetic), and now, it has to live in company with one more friend: paint coating.

But one will not 'kill' the other product (at least, not now): just observe how common it is to top a sealant with a carnauba wax.

Coatings like BL are capable of receiving carnauba wax layers, so this kind of product must be received with huge enthusiasm: you still may get the LOOK of a wonderful wax, but your hard work will also get the long lasting PROTECTION provided by a coating.

In my opinion, paint sealants will evolve to a kind of 'machine applicable coating'. Just observe how durability is increasing in these products, as they claim to be receiving the 'coating technology' to them.

Pinnacle holds a strong reputation, their competitors are well known brands with solid coating products in the market for some time (paint coating is not a so new concept), nothing more to expect from their product than to be 'The Nuts' (poker quote).

We still on 'therapy', layering the coat with our favorite Wax!

A Paint coating from this quality enriches our work and can aggregate a lot of value in our service. I'm really happy being part of this evolution.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast