autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Loving CG's EZ Cream Glaze

A popular myth out there is that glazes are a waste of time. I went to a car show this weekend and applied my favorite glaze before I went. I was getting comments all day on the gorgeous paint..."what kind of polish/wax do you use" was the common question.

"I did not polish nor wax this car" was my answer. EZ Creme is the perfect post-polish, pre-LSP product. It will clean off the polishing oils and prepare the paint for wax or sealant. It may be called a glaze, but with most CG products...they usually do more than advertised.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Today I used the CG'S EZ Cream Glaze on the black Accord I'm working on, wow, what a deep rich shine it produced.
    It depends on which glaze you use and how to use it.
    The car looked wet, even after polishing with 205 I saw a big difference in shine , I'm sold on EZ

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    A popular myth out there is that glazes are a waste of time. I went to a car show this weekend and applied my favorite glaze before I went. I was getting comments all day on the gorgeous paint..."what kind of polish/wax do you use" was the common question.

"I did not polish nor wax this car" was my answer. EZ Creme is the perfect post-polish, pre-LSP product. It will clean off the polishing oils and prepare the paint for wax or sealant. It may be called a glaze, but with most CG products...they usually do more than advertised.

Post Thanks / Like

I posted some pics on a BFCS thread, but thought I would share what EZ Creme and Blackfire Crystal seal look like together, incase you want to try it out. No DA, all by hand. Also applied Klasse AIO as my base.

Before:

After:

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried ez with Pete's 53? Any comments on durability?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
    Has anyone tried ez with Pete's 53? Any comments on durability?
    cg ez-cream or cg blacklight

The red car on this thread used ez and pete's. It looks amazing. That picture is what made me buy the ez creme in the 1st place. I didnt have the budget to get pete's this order. So I settled for Colinite 845 which i havent used yet. As far as durability, I havent seen anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried Blacklight for the first time which is a similar product. It looks very nice and is fairly easy to use. However, it doesn't spread as easy as other similar products I've used, and it doesn't handle water as well as dedicated waxes or sealants.

I did some in house testing. First I wanted to see how durable V7 would be on its own. As you can guess, not very durable. It's easily removed with 20% IPA.

Then, I wanted to see how tough BL is alone. CGs primarily sells it as a sealant, although it does have glaze and AIO properties. So, I'm comparing BL to Dodo Blue Velvet Pro.

So far, BVP beads and sheets water better than BL. I'm giving them both 12 hours to cure to see how resistant BL is as a stand alone sealant / LSP. I did find V7 does handle water decently on its own, better than BL.

Actually, if you read the V7 directions, CG recommends applying it after every wash.

I feel kind of bad bashing and piling on bashing CGs recently. As looking around my garage, I do use a lot of their products. Also, I just ordered a gallon of Honeydew Snow Foam and their new Leather Serum. As soon as my VIP goes through, I'm planning on getting a gallon of V7, which is a nice product as well. I don't really need a gallon, but you can get 16oz for $17, or 128oz for $40.

Post Thanks / Like
    So what exactly does this product do then?
    Also those pictures of the VW are deceiving because the clouds in the after pics reflect better than no clouds in the before pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
    So what exactly does this product do then?
    Also those pictures of the VW are deceiving because the clouds in the after pics reflect better than no clouds in the before pics.
    Duh...... it makes clouds appear.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Every1 raves about this stuff. I want to try it!!! I hear Glossworks is better though. Still haven't pulled the trigger.

Post Thanks / Like
    There may be better glazes out there but I'm hear to tell you that all I'll use it from here on out ,is EZ Cream Glaze, the shine it gives me is insane, I can use it as often as I want and I do use it often, the price is really hard to beat.
    It changed the way I keep my car shiny, it leaves the finish so smooth, also I use it on my glass instead of any glass cleaner, leaves no streaks and makes the glass look like a mirror.
    For those who never used it please do yourself a favor and buy a bottle and see for yourself
    I love using it after a full paint correction then top it with a sealant and wax, it's incredible.
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast