autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    Don't you have problems using it on the wheels ?
    I'll sure try it under my fender wells
    I'm sure it would be great for clean the engine bay too.
    Also a spot clean for carpet ?
    Anyone try it on carpet?
    No issues on wheels but I've only used it on clear coated wheels. Engine it does pretty well too.
    2014 Mercedes-Benz C250

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I found a tire cleaner that cost $1.00

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    OK...Here's Iron-X's hazardous ingredients (from its MSDS)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Section 3: COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
    Name...................................CAS Number..................Content (% W/W)
    -Ammonium Sulfanylacetate
    (Ammonium thioglycolate).......5421-46-5..........................3-25

-Alkyl Ethoxy sulphate...........68585-34-2...........................1-15

-Additional substances....(listed according to 648/2004)...0.1% or more but less than 1%

-Fragrance
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Bob
    Seems everything has something harsh in it?

Post Thanks / Like
    It may just be me but when I spend a large (some people would say very large) amount of money on a car, I want to use the best products to take care of it. I love the dollar store and I love this product but just not sure about putting it on tires that cost $2000 a set next to wheels that cost more than that. I am going to stick to products that are made for a particular purpose. I admit Mothers Tire cleaner is more expensive and heaven knows my new favorite wheel cleaner 1z is expensive. But, my cars are worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

This is why women shouldn't be buying detail products. (Just kidding. Relax.)

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a bottle of Mothers new Back to Black Tire Renew (this is not the tire dressing) tire cleaner. Was very pleased with the results and ease of use--spray on the tire, let sit for 15 seconds, I chose to also agitate with a brush and then wipe off with a throw away shop towel. Really removed the grime and browning very well--tires looked like they had been dressed with a matt tire dressing. Some run off on the wheels, but just wiped it away and it didn't seem to affect the LSP. No strong chemical smell like some tire cleaners. https://store.mothers.com/product_in...d=257&cPath=13

It's only $7 a bottle so why take the chance on something that might hurt the wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Love threads like this, you folks have aimed me at some great products, which are easily gotten off the shelf. I was able to score some of it at the local Dollar Tree for $1/qt last night, and bought two qts to try.

$4/gal is pretty inexpensive.

Take others you folks like, that you have enlightened me to, such as Folex for example, and I do like the ZEP Citrus All Purpose Cleaner.
    (I think I'm through with Simple Green for the forseable future)

Never tried the ZEP Purple Cleaner yet.

I would assume this LA cleaner has some good uses, but imagine too, that one might have to do some experimentation with mix ratios.
    I've seen even full strength Simple Green eat rattle can paints like it was paint remover.

Wish I could locally find that Spartan Orange Tough 40 Limonene cleaner here, without having to buy cases of the stuff. Spartan is a common brand commercial product, but seems nobody carries this stuff on the shelf.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Awesome on the truck I'm working on, all I can say is wow as to how well it cleaned the tires, the gunk was just dripping from the tires, after brushing some I rinsed and the tires were really black and clean.
    Also cleaned the fender wells and break calipers.
    There was a stain on the seat, the guy said he tried everything and nothing worked, well I mixed 2oz to a 16oz bottle with water, I sprayed it, let it sit a bit, blotted and it was GONE:

Totally Awesome really is Awesome IMO.
    So one bottle cost one dollar , I can make 16 bottles of carpet cleaner or two bottles of tire cleaner.

Buying more.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Love threads like this, you folks have aimed me at some great products, which are easily gotten off the shelf. I was able to score some of it at the local Dollar Tree for $1/qt last night, and bought two qts to try.

$4/gal is pretty inexpensive.

Take others you folks like, that you have enlightened me to, such as Folex for example, and I do like the ZEP Citrus All Purpose Cleaner.
    (I think I'm through with Simple Green for the forseable future)

Never tried the ZEP Purple Cleaner yet.

I would assume this LA cleaner has some good uses, but imagine too, that one might have to do some experimentation with mix ratios.
    I've seen even full strength Simple Green eat rattle can paints like it was paint remover.

Wish I could locally find that Spartan Orange Tough 40 Limonene cleaner here, without having to buy cases of the stuff. Spartan is a common brand commercial product, but seems nobody carries this stuff on the shelf.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a bottle today but haven't tried it out yet.

Is there anyone that has tried this and can compare it to Meguiar's Super Degreaser? I was planning on picking up some of the SD mainly for tires because APC sometimes doesn't cut it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just spray your tires and watch. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post

Is there anyone that has tried this and can compare it to Meguiar's Super Degreaser? I was planning on picking up some of the SD mainly for tires because APC sometimes doesn't cut it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post

Funny you mention that. I was comparing these two exact products yesterday on tires I was cleaning.

Quite frankly, I think the LATA worked much better. But, keep in mind I'm using LATA strait, and Meg's Degreaser 1:4. I've pretty much retired my gallon of Tuff Shine Tire Cleaner for difficult cases due to its high cost, and have switched to LATA as my tire cleaner.

The tires I used it on are pretty new and dressed about 45 days ago (also the last time they were washed). I found I could just spray the tires with LATA and the brown would roll off. Then, one good scrub around with the Tuff Shine Tire Brush and LATA and I had Snow White foam.

The thing is, you got to be careful with it. I never let it dwell for more than a few seconds, don't let it dry, and don't get it on paint or the rim. LATA is one of the best tire cleaners out there.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast