autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

GTechniq Product Questions

Hey everyone, I was wondering if those of you out there that swear by Gtechniq could answer some questions I have. I've researched their stuff and top to bottom it looks amazing. I just have a few questions. First, is the C1 coating with ExoV2 over it the best possible paint coating Gtechniq offers? Secondly, what coating would I use for headlights? Third, is the panel wipe something that you would use before applying the G1 glass coating, after you have used the G4 polish? Finally, in general, is the panel wipe a better alternative to using IPA for chemically stripping after buffing? Thanks, in advance, for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GTechniq Product Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Countersteer46 View Post
    Hey everyone, I was wondering if those of you out there that swear by Gtechniq could answer some questions I have. I've researched their stuff and top to bottom it looks amazing. I just have a few questions. First, is the C1 coating with ExoV2 over it the best possible paint coating Gtechniq offers? Secondly, what coating would I use for headlights? Third, is the panel wipe something that you would use before applying the G1 glass coating, after you have used the G4 polish? Finally, in general, is the panel wipe a better alternative to using IPA for chemically stripping after buffing? Thanks, in advance, for the help.
    1. Yes, but not necessary, as nothing will stick to C1.
    2. C4, but Opti Lens might be a better option.
    3. An IPA wipe down would be adequate.
    4. Yes

Post Thanks / Like

C1 is awesome and awesome gloss. It has great repelling qualities.

Exo v2 over the top of C1 is even more awesome. C1 alone, even though it repels, doesn't feel slick, it feels squeakier than normal paint even but EXO v2 gives it instant super slickness and cures withing 3 hours, then add a second layer.

You could also use C1 on headlights but I would also second Opti-Lens.

Panel wipe would be best prep before coating in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

If I can hop in here.

What does everyone think of G1 (I've heard application is difficult and can lead to streaking if done incorrectly) and L1 (It's been sold out for a while, how does it stack up to CQuartz Fabric & Leather/is it worth it)?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by af90 View Post
    If I can hop in here.

What does everyone think of G1 (I've heard application is difficult and can lead to streaking if done incorrectly) and L1 (It's been sold out for a while, how does it stack up to CQuartz Fabric & Leather/is it worth it)?
    I would also like an opinion on G1/G2 as well as G4 and G5. What would I use to coat an acrylic motorcycle screen as well as the shield of my helmet? Also, if I wanted to coat the chrome on my car, would I use C1 or C4?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by af90 View Post
    If I can hop in here.

I like F & L a lot better than L1. FL seems to last longer, add a little gloss to the seats, and spreads easier when you apply it. L1 leaves the seats super smooth feeling, but it only lasts a few days. Then, its hard to tell anything is on the seats. L1 kind of just disappears into the seat when you apply it, FL has to dry. FL just seams like it protects better to me.