autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

3M product aggressiveness

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and was wondering if you could help me with a 3M question. I have the Perfect it 3000 Machine Polish item # 06064. Here is the link:

3M Perfect-It 3000 Machine Polish, 3M 06064, remove swirl marks, 3M Perfect It Swirl Remover

I was wondering if someone could tell me the aggressiveness of the product using the chart seen here, which I'm sure many folks are familiar with:

Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart

Also, where would this 3M product fall on the same chart?

3M Perfect-It 3000 Ultrafine Machine Polish, 3M Ultrafina, 3M perfect it ultra fine polish, 3M Machine Polish

Finally, if anyone has any tips or info on this 3M line, I'd appreciate that too. Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3M product aggressiveness

hey Countersteer46 welcome to Autogeek. First off machine polish I would say is in the medium range as far as aggressiveness goes. it also depends on what kind of pad you match it up with will either boost the cut or weaken it. Its not a bad polish, matched up with a lake country flat orange pad or meguiars yellow pad it can give decent results. Ultrafine is one of my favorite polishes it is not very aggressive at all. it is a super fine finishing polish and I have seen others match up this polish with other pads and machines in my experience I have achieved best results using the blue 3m pad specifically made for this polish. I am sure you will get a hundred more people telling you that there are better polishes out there and that may be true but if this is what you have or want then follow the directions then play around with different combos if you are not getting the results you want.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sharpreflection View Post
    hey Countersteer46 welcome to Autogeek. First off machine polish I would say is in the medium range as far as aggressiveness goes. it also depends on what kind of pad you match it up with will either boost the cut or weaken it. Its not a bad polish, matched up with a lake country flat orange pad or meguiars yellow pad it can give decent results. Ultrafine is one of my favorite polishes it is not very aggressive at all. it is a super fine finishing polish and I have seen others match up this polish with other pads and machines in my experience I have achieved best results using the blue 3m pad specifically made for this polish. I am sure you will get a hundred more people telling you that there are better polishes out there and that may be true but if this is what you have or want then follow the directions then play around with different combos if you are not getting the results you want.
    Thanks for the info sharpreflection. I'm thinking the Machine polish is a 5-6 and the Ultrafine is like a 2-3? You seem familiar with this line. Do you have a pad recommendation for the Perfect it 3000 Rubbing compound?
    3M Perfect-It 3000 Rubbing Compound, 3M Rubbing Compound, 3M Perfect It 3

Post Thanks / Like

what type of machine you useing?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john b View Post
    what type of machine you useing?
    A rotary buffer. Don't have one picked out yet, still researching. Off topic, but if you have recommendations for that too, you're welcome to give them.

Post Thanks / Like

I would pair it up with a meguiars yellow solo pad the foam one or lake country orange flat pads. For more cut you could try the hydro tech pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Countersteer46 View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum
    First of all: to AGO!!

3M Perfect-It 3000 Machine Polish, 3M 06064, remove swirl marks, 3M Perfect It Swirl Remover

I was wondering if someone could tell me the aggressiveness of the product using the chart seen here:

Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart
    Aggressiveness...
    -Of course there are many variables...including pad choice, technique, etc....
    -But any Brand's product on the above referrenced chart having the ability to remove
    #1200 or finer sanding marks, such as Meguiar's M105, would be comparable...IMO.

Since Ultrafine/Ultrafina is considered to be the Perfect-It brand's: Least Aggressive Rate of Cut...
    It is placed in the same level of cut (practically zilch) as Menzerna 4500 found on this chart:
    Autogeek Menzerna Compounds Comparison Chart

Finally, if anyone has any tips or info on this 3M line, I'd appreciate that too. Thanks everyone!
    If you want, you can use 3M's recommendations for pads
    when using their compounds/polishes/waxes/sealants...

Or use this chart as a guideline:
    Autogeek Buffing Pad Comparison Chart

Hope this helps some.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti