autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #845

Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered a bottle of #845 . I am wondering if i should use a sealant with this wax . And if so how long should the sealant cure before i apply the #845?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: #845

I wouldn't bother, 845 is as tough as nails on it's own

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ndary-wax.html
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to apply this on a black truck so i was wondering if the sealant and 845 combo would be extra durable . The truck is new and i am hope no paint correction is needed .

Post Thanks / Like

ihaveacamero hit the nail on the head. Apply 845 thinly and your done. Protection will last a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jgibson2980 View Post
    I am going to apply this on a black truck so i was wondering if the sealant and 845 combo would be extra durable . The truck is new and i am hope no paint correction is needed .

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Any wax, paint sealant or coating that works fills to some degree

...You see, any wax or paint sealant that works, that is any wax or paint sealant that leaves itself behind to protect the paint, (and isn't that the purpose of wax or a paint sealant, to leave itself behind?), is going to fill, (at least to some level), because it's coating over and bonding or adhering to the paint.

..."Any wax, paint sealant or coating that works fills to some degree"

...A good thing...
    If a wax, paint sealant or even a coating fills to some degree this isn't a bad thing in fact it's a good thing if your goal is to create the nicest looking finish possible. Sure polishing paint to perfection is the goal for many of us and if we accomplish that goal then filling isn't needed. But if the product you use for your LSP does in fact leave itself behind on the surface it's helping to create an even more perfectly smooth surface and in my opinion that's going to help maximize gloss, clarity, depth and shine and that's a good thing...

Collinite 845 works

VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Chemical Guys Black light, topped with V7 and then #845 on top of that on some of the black vehicles (and even non-black ones) I have detailed recently and they have come out looking great.

Perhaps it is a case of overkill, because #845 does offer some pretty darn good protection on its own

Post Thanks / Like

You can top 845 with any sealant. Is it required? Probably not to the untrained eyes in this world.

If you have some spare cash to burn then go for it. Depending on the sealant chosen it could be anywhere from "immediate" cure time to 8-15 hours. I have Mother's Step 2 sealant and BFWD so I have both cure time intervals covered. ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

#845 is a hybrid of sorts. Think of it as a sealant that also contains carnauba wax. Two coats of it (to assure complete coverage) and you are done. Claying prior to applying it makes much more sense than a sealant.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    #845 is a hybrid of sorts. Think of it as a sealant that also contains carnauba wax. Two coats of it (to assure complete coverage) and you are done. Claying prior to applying it makes much more sense than a sealant.
    +1

Do 2 coats. I have 2 coats of 845 on my Fusion from September and still beads like crazy with all this crazy NY weather. Have 2 coats of Meg's UPW on Highlander and not holding up as well but the Meg's looked slightly better after same day application.

Post Thanks / Like

I used 845 the other day for the first time. I clayed and striped my old sealant, polished with P21S PaintWork Cleanser, applied three coats of 845 (three hour wait between first two coats, overnight for the third). It looks terrific on my "Diamond White" paint! I like spray "toppers" such as AquaWax and Optimum Car Wax but I don't need them. The look of 845 on my paint is just right and the durability will be excellent I am sure. If every so often between full details I think it needs a little "booster" I'll simply apply another coat of 845. It is so easy to apply and buff off that it is almost as easy as a spray wax but looks and protects better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.