autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #845

Post Thanks / Like

Re: #845

Quote Originally Posted by jgibson2980 View Post
    I am going to apply this on a black truck so i was wondering if the sealant and 845 combo would be extra durable . The truck is new and i am hope no paint correction is needed .
    Of course it's up to an owner to what degree one wishes to spend on a vehicle to protect it?

Most of us are all guilty of just wanting to get a quick coat of protection on a vehicle, due to time, and sometimes cost restraints.

Collinite 845 has no cleaners that I'm aware of, other than the petrol carrier that will dissolve tar, but little else.

After a wash, do a baggie test like Mike P suggests. That will be one indicator as to the condition of paint before applying any wax-sealant.

Vehicles are usually transported by railcar today, and while they have some protective sheeting on them in critical areas enroute, the entire vehicle is not covered, and the paint will pick up contaminants.

My opinion is, the sooner such contaminants such as iron are removed, the better for the paint finish. Better to remove them now if needed, rather than seal them in with any product.

The vehicle, although new, may need products such as CarPro Iron-X, and Claying before proceeding further. Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Re: #845

Unless you just want to experiment, I see absolutely no reason to do anything to 845 except add a second coat. For the last few years I've done my winter preps in November with 2 apps of 845. I still had beading in March after a PA winter on a non-garaged DD. This year I did 2 coats of 476 on the same 2 cars and I expect I'd have to chisel the stuff off if I needed to remove it.

Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.