autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: zaino vrs blackfire diamond?

thanks, if in fact the comparison would zaino z2 Blackfire vs. diamond, to apply any of the 2 how often the car is waxed? or it may be weekly?

Post Thanks / Like

I started using Zaino from day #1 with my car, well, day #2 as I went to town applying Zaino to the car the day after I bought it, LOL! I bought Zaino because I had to try it after years of not "drinking the Kool-Aid" and must say I was bit by the bug, hard! I first started with their clear seal and was blown away, dries clear and no wiping, a miracle in a bottle, so I stepped up and bought Z-5 per the guy at Zaino, again, easy on and easy off and the shine, my God! I went through the sturff pretty fast and while using it I found AG and started reading. Once I get pretty low I decided to buy some BFWD and BFCS and must say the fact that BFCS "flashes" in 45 minutes is what won me over, then using the BFWD blew me away, easy to apply like Z-5 but came off even easier and if you've ever used Zaino, you know how easy it is to remove, so just imagine that! I can't speak about durability as I layer and layer and layer my stuff, so that's that, LOL!

A poster earlier said something about what they lost when switching from Megs NXT 2.0 to Zaino and please don't take this the wrong way but Megs doesn't even compare to Zaino, not even in the same league or planet for that matter. If you looking to add some depth to your Corvette's finish, apply a coat of nuba to the paint, its nice topping a sealant w/ nuba, especially the new ones, easy to use and really look great, a different look compared to BFWD/BFCS/Zaino.

I still have and use my BF products but have now starting using DG products, same thing here too, easy to use, gives the car almost a "fake" look but in a good way, that's the way I describe it, "fake", the shine with these modern products is something out of a science fiction lab or something, LOL! The thing about DG is the product is pretty inexpensive IMO, even have a bonding agent that makes the product harden or "flash" right away allowing for multiple coats right away, kinda like Zaino's ZFX but doesn't cost $20.00 for a vile so small that you use just 3-4 drops per oz...oh yeah, you get a couple 2 oz bottles in the kit too, gotta be fair here, LOL. DG also has some marine product that people seem to like/use too and again, adding the PBA agent there allows for additional coats right away, I for one like that!

Sorry to go off topic a bit but there's just so much out there, thanks AG, you've got a customer for life!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

ZAINO is really as complicated as they say?

heat, moisture, stains on the paint etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Z is really easy to use but Black Fire is even easier and in the case of their Crystal Seal, even easier as it flashes in 45 minutes, meaning you can apply a coat of the BFWD in about an hour for that extra protection and POP!

Z does offer that ZFX to add to its Z-2 and Z-5 which let's you do multiple layers, BF has nothing like this....yet. Maybe they (BF) will make something like DG has with PBA...hint hint hint!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

with about 12 bottles of zaino yields z2 for how long?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I started using Zaino from day #1 with my car, well, day #2 as I went to town applying Zaino to the car the day after I bought it, LOL! I bought Zaino because I had to try it after years of not "drinking the Kool-Aid" and must say I was bit by the bug, hard! I first started with their clear seal and was blown away, dries clear and no wiping, a miracle in a bottle, so I stepped up and bought Z-5 per the guy at Zaino, again, easy on and easy off and the shine, my God! I went through the sturff pretty fast and while using it I found AG and started reading. Once I get pretty low I decided to buy some BFWD and BFCS and must say the fact that BFCS "flashes" in 45 minutes is what won me over, then using the BFWD blew me away, easy to apply like Z-5 but came off even easier and if you've ever used Zaino, you know how easy it is to remove, so just imagine that! I can't speak about durability as I layer and layer and layer my stuff, so that's that, LOL!

A poster earlier said something about what they lost when switching from Megs NXT 2.0 to Zaino and please don't take this the wrong way but Megs doesn't even compare to Zaino, not even in the same league or planet for that matter. If you looking to add some depth to your Corvette's finish, apply a coat of nuba to the paint, its nice topping a sealant w/ nuba, especially the new ones, easy to use and really look great, a different look compared to BFWD/BFCS/Zaino.

I still have and use my BF products but have now starting using DG products, same thing here too, easy to use, gives the car almost a "fake" look but in a good way, that's the way I describe it, "fake", the shine with these modern products is something out of a science fiction lab or something, LOL! The thing about DG is the product is pretty inexpensive IMO, even have a bonding agent that makes the product harden or "flash" right away allowing for multiple coats right away, kinda like Zaino's ZFX but doesn't cost $20.00 for a vile so small that you use just 3-4 drops per oz...oh yeah, you get a couple 2 oz bottles in the kit too, gotta be fair here, LOL. DG also has some marine product that people seem to like/use too and again, adding the PBA agent there allows for additional coats right away, I for one like that!

Sorry to go off topic a bit but there's just so much out there, thanks AG, you've got a customer for life!
    What is this DG product with the PBA agent called?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matryx View Post
    What is this DG product with the PBA agent called?
    Duragloss 105 with Duragloss 601 bonding agent.

Duragloss Total Performance Polish (TPP) # 105
    Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent (PBA) #601

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently the PBA (polish bonding agent) can be added to the #111, 101 or their marine polish that people use, it lets the product flash so you can apply another product over the top it right away, even the same product if you so desire.

BlackFire is made so nothing needs to be added, tip of the cap to them for doing that, signs of a forward thinking company that has learned from what others don't do. This is not a put down of DG or other products out there that are similar, just sayin'!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12