autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys Dilution?

I know there has been a ton of ? with AG now carrying the Chemical Guys line, but i have one that i have not seen asked. What is considered a capful to CG? Being a mobile detailer im constantly looking for the best bang for the buck so to say. im currently using Meg's Hyper-Wash D110 and im pleased with the product but it dilutes 400-1. While looking at CG products i came across honeydew and read that its 1100:1 Dilution ratio. I do use Citrus Wash & Gloss to strip LSP"S so i went to look at the cap, and it has a folding spout used to squeeze out the product from the bottle. SO i unscrew it and it seems it wouldn't even hold a half ounce. Meg's says use an ounce to 5 gallons which i do, so how much is a capful for CG products?
    Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys Dilution?

I have found the caps on their bottles to be 1/2 ounce.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rider thats what i was hoping but just didnt seem like it would hold a half ounce. I read a few post today about ONR and noticed you had a few reply's. Which do you prefer on (your) vehicle traditional wash or ONR? I like onr but seems to take me twice as long as a traditional wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking abou the 16oz bottles caps? I just did a test on it, I am getting 1.5 Teaspoon which is not even half of an oz.

Post Thanks / Like
    My chemical guys microfiber wash says 4-5 capfuls is 1oz and 8-10 capfuls is 2oz. Its in the 16oz size also so I'm assuming you have the same cap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSUFAN View Post
    I know there has been a ton of ? with AG now carrying the Chemical Guys line, but i have one that i have not seen asked. What is considered a capful to CG? Being a mobile detailer im constantly looking for the best bang for the buck so to say. im currently using Meg's Hyper-Wash D110 and im pleased with the product but it dilutes 400-1. While looking at CG products i came across honeydew and read that its 1100:1 Dilution ratio. I do use Citrus Wash & Gloss to strip LSP"S so i went to look at the cap, and it has a folding spout used to squeeze out the product from the bottle. SO i unscrew it and it seems it wouldn't even hold a half ounce. Meg's says use an ounce to 5 gallons which i do, so how much is a capful for CG products?
    Thanks guys
    Igot to try the honeydew soap before it was released and found it produced a LOT of foam when used with my foam gun attachment when used with approx 7 cap fulls of the 16 oz bottle. I use the "redneck" foam gun from home depot that runs about $17 and believe its about a 16 pz bottle. I love how much foam it produces but didn't feel that it cleaned all that well compared to other washes ie dg 901 ultima car soap. I feel that the honey dew is a great addition to use with a dedicated car wash soap but nota stand alone product. I didn't like the way it cleaned when used by itself. Jmo

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care for capfuls. I always want to find out the dilution, mls or oz required. The caps would only be 5ml.

I use wash and gloss at 1000:1. So that's 3 capfuls to every 4 gallons. A lot of people use it at 512:1 but too many suds for my liking

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Exotic i am talking about the 16oz bottles,but i was hoping for atleast a half oz but didnt seem like it was enough product. I currently use the blue 1 oz measuring cups that AG sells to measure out an oz of Hyper-wash. (mobile detail) i dont use a foam gun but have been really want to try one, I've found that ppl really like seeing foam. Thats why I've been using D110 bc it does foam up nice when doing a traditional wash.(faulksy) im the same way when it come to diluting products i want to be as accurate as i can as every ounce affects your profit, wether its $0.04 an ounce or $10.50 an ounce. Thanks again guys for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the CW&G and SUDS II will be trying it out on my foam lance soon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSUFAN View Post
    im the same way when it come to diluting products i want to be as accurate as i can as every ounce affects your profit
    Can't agree more. The chemist that creates the products doesn't use capfuls so I don't know why they put in on the label. If they do they should at least state how many mls or ozs the cap is. Painful thing about using a cap for measuring as alot of product sticks and may end up over diluting

Cost is not as big factor for me as only do my own car and a couple of others but certainly notice it when comes time to buy more. Over use the product and I'd be thinking damn I could of gotten an extra # months before I needed more